Trade Command MK3 not showing up

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BryanNeff
x3tc

Trade Command MK3 not showing up

Post by BryanNeff » Tue, 17. May 11, 04:15

English 3.1
Windows 7 64bit
No scripts/mods - vanilla game
Dead is Dead mode

For some reason, on some new Dead is Dead games the MK3 trade command software is just not showing up in Teladi equipment docks. Is this expected or unusual behavior?

Is there a chance it doesn't show up until your recognition with the Teladi reaches a certain amount? Because it seems to be random whether it shows up at Equipment docks, but that may be a possible reason why.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 17. May 11, 09:07

Try to save and reload the game a few times. The Trade software Mk3 will be randomly added to a certain amount of teladi equipment docks each time the game is (re)loaded. Once it was added to an EQ Dock it will stay there as buyable ware.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

BryanNeff
x3tc

Post by BryanNeff » Tue, 17. May 11, 17:20

I see. Thank you.

I didn't see a gameplay questions area, so I hope it's alright if I ask another question here unrelated.

If you have the moment to explain, or someone does, what are the triggers to change ships from foe to friend with the gain of recognition?

On the Dead is Dead mode, the Split and Paranid begin as enemies, and only through raising recognition can this be fixed. But the change isn't immediate, and some ships seem to take a -long- time to eventually turn friendly. Is there something that they do, or some sort of event that causes them to recheck their friend/foe status?

Related, in the Final Fury plot at the start there are merc ships. Because of settings with the Paranid and Split, the Paranid and Split merc ships will -never-, no matter how you raise your standing with those races, turn friendly. Is there some non-mod/script way of fixing this? I need to keep this game unmodified.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 17. May 11, 19:38

BryanNeff wrote:I didn't see a gameplay questions area
The main X-Universe forum is for gameplay questions (for all games).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. May 11, 21:35

And since this is a gameplay discussion, I'll move it over.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 17. May 11, 21:46

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Try to save and reload the game a few times. The Trade software Mk3 will be randomly added to a certain amount of teladi equipment docks each time the game is (re)loaded. Once it was added to an EQ Dock it will stay there as buyable ware.
Only problem is, in DiD mode, he can't save and reload!!!!
I don't know if Quit and Reload would work, but my advise to the OP is to find another Teladi Equipment Dock.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 17. May 11, 22:39

Sure he can. If he quits the game the game will be saved at that point. Once he starts his DID game again, his save will be loaded.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

drl0l1515

Post by drl0l1515 » Mon, 23. May 11, 20:17

Hey. I have a similar problem.
I am playing: v.3.1 , vanillamode , ship.hijacker.v1.1
But I had the problem even before turning on the vanilla mode.

When I buy mistral (super freighter) my trade cmd MK 1 is not availabile.
When I go to a equipmant dock (or make a ship2ship freight exchange)
It shows me like the trade cmd is installed. But when I try runing it the commads dont appear, when I wanted to eject it and buy a new one it does not show up.

I am going nuts cause the OTAS ships are the best.

Any tipps?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 23. May 11, 20:41

Trade Command Mk I is standard, i.e., built-in, on every TS and TL ship. If you look at the Info listing, towards the bottom will be a listing of any built-in software, the a listing of any software and wares that have been added.

drl0l1515

Post by drl0l1515 » Mon, 23. May 11, 21:23

Yeah I know you get a trade cmd mk 1 when you buy a trade ship. USUALY!
Take a look:

[ external image ]

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. May 11, 21:39

@ drl0l1515: So what is the problem? The Trade Command Software Mk 1 is there and since it is permanently pre-installed you cannot transfer or eject it. Remember that some Player station type trading commands (eg buy/sell for best price etc) will not be available until you homebase your trader to one of your stations. What commands do you think you should have but are not there?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

drl0l1515

Post by drl0l1515 » Mon, 23. May 11, 21:49

Wasnt it posibile in oder versions to eject the Trade cmd MK 1,

ahhh buy/sell for best price needs Trade Cmd MK2 -.-

sry just played a rly buggy game before this, so I am seeing bugs where there are none :(

but it is still somewhat confusing that when I open the ships fright that I dont see the trade cmd MK1, only in station or on ship 2 ship trade.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”