Difference between navsats and advsats?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TomRobinson
x4

Difference between navsats and advsats?

Post by TomRobinson » Wed, 18. May 11, 16:56

Is there any difference appart from the larger scanner range? It says you can get a remote camera feed but I can't see how to do it.

Also, early game do you put navsats down then replace them with adv later on or go straight for the advsats at a wallet melting 15000 samolians.

Reunion btw

cheers Tom

TheGoldElite
x4

Post by TheGoldElite » Wed, 18. May 11, 17:02

The camera feed is if you're in sector, and you press K on your sector map. if you then press either home or end key, you can zoom out, and manually spot ships/ stations are much greater distances, especially if you press insert to flip the sector view.

That said at the start normal satellites do the job fine if you just want to know trade prices. Adv sats are more usefull for exploring very large sectors for stations, or to monitor traffic etc later in the game.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 18. May 11, 17:08

If you go to the gravidar display there is a little camera icon on the top right corner of the display. This is greyed out when using Nav. Sats but available with Adv. Sats and shows a top down view of the sector in addition to the normal gravidar data.

As to what I use, it depends on what I'm doing.
Normally I'd use a nav-sat, If I wanted more information (eg: on traffic) than simply a price list for the local factories then I'd go for an Adv. Sat and they are useful for finding difficult to locate stations :pirat: and larger ships.
Also when I have an interest in defending assets (complexes, STs, etc.) in a sector.
With more risky sectors :xenon: I'd use a docked M5 at a trading station to give me information.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Wed, 18. May 11, 17:59

Ahh cool good advice with the m5 thanks

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 18. May 11, 18:06

In Reunion I mainly used the cheaper ones until I had had more credits coming than I could spend,or until I learned how to use them for Complex building.

In TC I use Advanced as first choice,settling only Navs when other were not as easily available.
Thus in my trading adventure(TC) I built an advanced sat complex early on.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”