New Satellite Class?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alkeiser
x4

New Satellite Class?

Post by alkeiser » Thu, 19. May 11, 03:00

Is it possible to add a new satellite class?
I want a satellite with a larger scanner range but I don't want to affect the scanner range of the existing satellites.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 19. May 11, 03:46

Nope.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 19. May 11, 04:47

Interesting, wonder is it possible to create a new satellite buy copy pasting the Adv Sat in Tships to last position editing the numbers for that file to reflect the +1 ship type, rename to something like Super Adv sat and then adding reference into globals for that new sat.

I know to get new things into the game they need to be MD'd or scripted into stations as wares and text files added etc.

Would that be workable or is there more to it than that?

Just curios myself.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

alkeiser
x4

Post by alkeiser » Thu, 19. May 11, 05:31

I was going to try something like that, and I ran a search for references to the global values but couldn't find any.
Hence the thread.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 19. May 11, 10:11

Argonaught. wrote:Interesting, wonder is it possible to create a new satellite buy copy pasting the Adv Sat in Tships to last position editing the numbers for that file to reflect the +1 ship type, rename to something like Super Adv sat and then adding reference into globals for that new sat.
Globals text does not reference a shiptype or ID. This assignment is hardcoded.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”