Trade rank question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CeaserNic
x3tc

Trade rank question

Post by CeaserNic » Fri, 20. May 11, 23:05

I recently restarted a game using the Terran Defender start, and I've been spamming rapiers to save Terran stations. I'm about 2.5 hours into the game, and I suddenly noticed that my trade rank is Petty Retailer --- which is certainly not high, but its the 11th rank up.

How did that happen without me doing any trading? I bought ships at the shipyard and I sold my initial weapons, but I didn't think either of those purchases would change my trade rank...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 21. May 11, 03:13

Any purchase,ships or stations etc ,afaik , will increase both your trade rank and the race rep.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 21. May 11, 07:29

Well, I think it's a bit random on whether a particular purchase will bump it up, but TTD is generally correct--there are no wares or items that don't have a chance of improving your trade rank when bought or sold. I'm surprised you never noticed the ten times the computer told you "your rank has increased" or whatever while you were trading, though! :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”