PHQ and Jumpdrives

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sockum
x3tc

PHQ and Jumpdrives

Post by sockum » Tue, 24. May 11, 01:57

I just got my PHQ and I've been researching where to put it. One thing I don't understand: If I want to easily supply jumpdrives to my PHQ-made ships, do I need to put the PHQ in (or near) a sector that sells jumpdrives? Or is there a way I can make or stockpile jumpdrives?

Sockum

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 24. May 11, 02:04

Sorry, there's no way to transport jumpdrives other than one at time (one per ship), and you can only purchase them from NPC's.

If you have the PHQ then you have the Hub. Just link the PHQ sector to a sector that sells jump drives.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Tue, 24. May 11, 03:24

If your talking about X3TC, Have you done the Goner Plot?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 24. May 11, 09:06

Stockpiling jumpdrives really means docking a lot of Discoverers on your PHQ with JD equipped. There is no way to stockpile jumpdrives as regular wares.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 24. May 11, 09:11

kurush wrote:Stockpiling jumpdrives really means docking a lot of Discoverers on your PHQ with JD equipped. There is no way to stockpile jumpdrives as regular wares.
Not in Vanilla,but if you don't mind the modified tag,there is a way to fit all equipment,including jumpdrives, to any ship that you open the menu for.

Check in s/m forums.

thorwin
x3ap

Post by thorwin » Tue, 24. May 11, 10:29

I usually use a Boa with 4 Discoverers inside to quickly transport Jumpdrives throughout the universe. When "depleted" I have to move to a station that sells JDs and "refill".

When you need more jumpdrives at hand, use a panther or even an M1 class ship.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 24. May 11, 12:42

If you're okay with modified, docking new ships at a carrier and using CODEA to buy from equipment dock for the landed ships.

If not, you can build your PHQ and then use the Hub to connect the sector it's in to one that sells jump drives. Elysium of Light is a good one since it's a one way sector, and thus has no Xenon invasions.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Tue, 24. May 11, 22:00

thorwin wrote:I usually use a Boa with 4 Discoverers inside to quickly transport Jumpdrives throughout the universe. When "depleted" I have to move to a station that sells JDs and "refill"
Me too. And most of us, I think. It would be nice to have a CAG like script what would take care of this, though. Like sending all unused TMs to aquire Discos, have them by JD's , dock them, and wait for depletion. Than repeat. But it's probably just easier to have JD's scripted in available at your PHQ. They could've added this feature to it ...
Thereshallbewings

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”