Satellites and ST/UT

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

photon-forge
x3tc

Satellites and ST/UT

Post by photon-forge » Wed, 25. May 11, 09:36

So I'm trying to build up my UT fleet- starting with 5 Baldrics fully equipped. They are Sector trading currently.

My question is- do I need to have sectors fully satellite networked for them to actually work. Because in the past I've found my Universal Traders just sit there on standby and only seem to trade in sectors I have ships in (with real time station updates from their scanners.)

So yeah, do I need to have satellites everywhere so their best buy and sell will work to get these ships off the ground and making some decent cash?

Thanks for your time (sorry if this has been asked, I searched mind you :oops: )

A5PECT
x4

Re: Satellites and ST/UT

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 25. May 11, 09:42

Terrar wrote:My question is- do I need to have sectors fully satellite networked for them to actually work.
Nope. Sector/local/universe traders have unlimited, unfettered access to all market information throughout the universe. If one goes on standby then it's because there are no profitable trade runs within its operating range, satellites or not.

Any satellites you put down are only for your own benefit.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”