Ship Prices / Where to best sell a ship

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

djmail3

Ship Prices / Where to best sell a ship

Post by djmail3 » Thu, 26. May 11, 06:32

Hello,

I've got a couple of questions about selling a ship.

1) Does your rank with the shipyard's race matters when it comes to the selling price?

2) Does it makes a difference on which shipyard's race you are selling the ship? (say 2 different races where you have the same rank level)

3) For me ship capping is one of the most attractive ways to make money, and i think many here would agree, but i haven't been able to find any guide in regards to where is it best to sell them, does such guide exists?

There is a post here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=267367 made by TTD stating that "Selling prices vary according to which ship you sell at which station aswell ,as was demonstrated when someone did a feasability chart on making money from ship building at the PHQ." but i can't find such chart.

Thanks for your help.
David.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:07

Rank does have an effect upon ship prices (bought or sold by you). I think both Trade rank and Race rank.
-- GD

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Thu, 26. May 11, 08:22

The was for X3R.

However, as a general rule, your rep with the race you're selling to, & the racial origin of the ship you're selling, both AFAICT, affect the price you get.

I never considered whether Trade Rank had en effect, & so I can't comment on that.

So my advice is (a) sell to the race with whom you have the highest race rep (not just level, %age too), & (b) for 2 apparently equal races go with the one associated with that ship (i.e. Boron-built vessels to Boron, Yaki vessels to Yaki, & damfino who pays the most for Pirate ships).

djmail3

Post by djmail3 » Thu, 26. May 11, 21:03

Thank you for your replies, seems to make sense.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 26. May 11, 21:20

Nice to see my posts are noted.

Yes,that chart was for X3 Reunion around the time of the PHQ being introduced to the game.

As you can make your own ships at the PHQ,someone made a chart showing how much profit you could make at different race stations ,if you decided to go into the ship building industry.
It is so far back in time,my copy is hidden away on an old Hard drive I don't even have access to at the moment.
Unfortunately I do not recall who took on this mammoth task.
We can only hope he/she is still on the forum and reads this.
Maybe they might provide a link.

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Thu, 26. May 11, 21:45

Good to know ... I noticed that capitals seem to be cheaper now compared to when I started the game, but I thought it's only an illusion, compared to my much thicker wallet now. But I recall 100 mill for an M1, and now they go for 69 mill ???
Thereshallbewings

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 28. May 11, 18:38

Hi,

I did a little test-run with an Elephant (X3TC).

Onboard equipment consisted only of full upgrades / software / 2600 EC / 5x200MJ. The HUB is not involved in consumed jump energy, I have only one pair of gates connected to AP<-->HoL.

I sent the TL to the following shipyards (no reload, ECs are depleting)

SY/selling price

Paranid Prime: 12.811.835 Credits
Argon Prime: 13.155.462 Credits
Kingdoms End: 12.809.195 Credits
Seizewell: 13.152.582 Credits
Family Pride: 12.806.075 Credits

Best selling price (for the TL Elephant) was achieved in Argon Prime 13.155.462 Credits. I am too lazy to deduct the amount of average energy cellls (amount).

I also add a list of my ranks following the order of the shipyards.

Race - Rank % (ranks left to maximum rank)

Paranid - Seeker of the Holy Light 57% (1)
Argon - Hero of the Federation 22% (0)
Boron - King's Protectorate 66% (1)
Teladi - Company Director 4% (0)
Split - Honoured Imperator of Rhonkar 73% (1)

OK so far we can see a correlation between the race ranks and selling price. Looking into the details, the monetary difference, between 2nd highest and highest race rank, is around 300.000 Credits. I can not make a test with a lower trading rank, but I think it doesn't matter anyway. We get 300k for the last race rank, so what can the trade rank do...?

Someone can calculate the percentage difference of the 300k, but I don't know on which base (average selling price or purchase price). I also have no reference, for a difference of 2 ranks to maximum etc... maybe it is a stable stepping (for each rank 300k) or another percentage based calculation. Idk.

For references (in order mentioned):

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”