A model for Boron enslavement. Reeves Corp Final Solution for the Boron problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Will my evil plan work?

yes
18%
no
82%

Total votes: 38

Mr. Reeves
x4

A model for Boron enslavement. Reeves Corp Final Solution for the Boron problem

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:13

I've always hated the fish. And I hate the color green. Therfore they must perish.

I've come up with a plan to enslave the Boron. I'm going to use their own factories against them.

I will not make the mistakes I made last time...

1. building all my factories in Argon territory

2. Arrogance

3. destroying everything

... these mistakes cost me the game.

Specifically my plan is to destroy the Boron by ruining the economy of their sectors permenately.

Final solution stage 1

I will place mines on all astroids in all boron sectors and self destruct them which will permenately destroy the asteroid. I don't want the fish being able to have any resources left. Competition is a sin.

Stage 2

I build up my resources in pirate friendly teladi space. I need enough factories to supply the boron factories.

Stage 3 Kristallnacht

I will systematically nuke all boron mineral and solar factories. My intention is to destroy all of these factories in a Blitzkrieg.

Stage 4

I wait a while for the boron's economy to break down. They will have no minerals to rebuild. The Ai will start destroying borin factories and trying to build solar and crystal plants. Since there are no minerals this will fail.

Stage 5 Ghetto de Boron

Their economy wrecked the Borons will have no choice but to surrender. A ten thousand nukes will do that to a civilization you know! :twisted:

The Borons will be forces to recognize their enemy as their only hope. They will give me neutral status and I will supply them with the minerals and energy they need to get their economy going.

Stage 6 extermination by starvation

Ultimately some Boron sectors will not be as easy to occupy as the others. These sectors will be targeted for extermination by blockade. Reeves corp's extensive satillite network will know where the ore and silicone is on sale. some of these sales can be a real problem. Buying out the stock and storeing it in a TL will only get you so far. For real results these hard to control sectors will have to be destroyed a little at a time as rep is generated by the enslaved boron population.

Stage 7

With little of the boron empire left the fish only have their warships left. An astonishing 60% of their factories have been wiped out. Unfortunately the Borons have a great and mighty ally. One who has the capability to destroy me and has destroyed me before.

The argons must die!

use the above steps to crush any empire.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:16

Forgetting that some things can be made planetside, the Boron would just rebuild all their stations.

P.S. I like the Boron, hate the Split. ANd hate the Turbo booster, too.
-- GD

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:21

I don't concern myself with the planets. The game does not let me interact with the planets. The borons can rebuild all they want. But without base resources like ore and silicone their empire will fall apart and their production lines will stall.

Once the flow of energy cells stop it's only a matter of time before I control the universe.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:22

I like the split. I never used the Turbo booster.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 26. May 11, 07:47

AI SPP's don't need resources.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 26. May 11, 08:53

Traders will flock from all over to supply the minerals, and I don't know that AI mines require an asteroid to build on either.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 26. May 11, 09:40

They have to have an asteroid. No roid=no mine=no minerals=no crystals=no energy cells=economic collapse of Boron empire.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 26. May 11, 09:44

As you say...but I'd still say if you truly wish to squish the squid it's time to look into the modding area, as without them it'll be hard...sure, you might be able to make them struggle a bit but what with the AI traders providing resources and stations simply being rebuilt by the engine, I doubt the effect would be dramatic as such.

That said, with enough military presence you could probably keep them down pretty well.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 26. May 11, 11:09

Mr. Reeves wrote:They have to have an asteroid. No roid=no mine=no minerals=no crystals=no energy cells=economic collapse of Boron empire.
As has already been stated. AI SPPS do NOT require crystals. Therefore do not require minerals. So your plan is basically nonsense. Other than go destroy a bunch of stations.
Fun I admit, but personally I'd just raze everything.
Maybe killing all SPPs and keeping them killed would work. Tho other NPCs will probly sell energy to them.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 26. May 11, 11:36

Just taking out the SPPs will cause chaos in the Boron sectors, destroying the mines what not really accomplish much in the long run. In anycase you still have the problem of the TLs which will replace lost stations if you don't take them out.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 26. May 11, 12:02

Poor little squiddies - I feel sorry for them in your universe. I quite like the Borons, particularly their marines. Paranids, on the other hand: arrogant, supercilious, religious nutjobs who blew up an entire inhabited planet just to steal it's mineral resources - now there's an enemy truly deserving a genocidal rampage.

As for the Turbo Booster, I like it & use it, although mine's modified so it draws directly on the shields rather than using e-cells. Makes it great for travelling across a sector really, really, quickly without needing SETA (makes my X-Shuttle do well over 800m/s :)), but not particularly useful for combat. If shields are low it's no good engaging the booster to try to get out of the fight, all it'll do is drain the last of the shields then turn itself off, leaving the ship in a much worse situation than it was before.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 26. May 11, 12:08

Eliminating their Bo Gas plants can effectively stop their industry from running. Bo Gas produces slowly and it's required for the production of their foods. They wont be able to the long hauls from more distant sectors.
Once just for experimental purposes I deleted all of their SPP's, that really wasnt a big problem for the Borons as they hauled the cells from both Teladi and Argon
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 26. May 11, 12:19

I really don't see the point of destroying a food source.

Boron are tasty.

Nom nom nom ...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 26. May 11, 12:23

GCU Grey Area wrote:As for the Turbo Booster, I like it & use it, although mine's modified so it draws directly on the shields rather than using e-cells. Makes it great for travelling across a sector really, really, quickly without needing SETA (makes my X-Shuttle do well over 800m/s :)), but not particularly useful for combat. If shields are low it's no good engaging the booster to try to get out of the fight, all it'll do is drain the last of the shields then turn itself off, leaving the ship in a much worse situation than it was before.
Turbo+SETA = Zoooooooom :D No where in universe longer than a minute away.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Thu, 26. May 11, 13:09

As already stated, the idea of trying wipe out a race without the use of a mod is absolute nonsense. And it's nonsense for several good reasons:
1. How do you want to wipe out a race when you have no possibility to destroy the race's planets?
2. As mentioned in a previous post, SPP's will always produce energy without any minerals.
3. Furthermore, even if you wipe a sector clean, how on earth will you stop the Boron ships from respawning out of midair?

Also, it seems to me that someone here has a dangerous view regarding the holocaust...

Best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Thu, 26. May 11, 13:48

this idea sounds very intriguing. i'd like to know what do u have in ur arsenal to accomplish such a feat. by the look of this plan, it would take a serious fleet of ships, a whole lot of credits, and an abundance of resources to pull this off.

if you do pull it off, please post some screenies of ur success. like a few have stated, i like the boron...on the other hand, i can't stand the split. i was thinking of going to war with them myself. i don't care to commit genocide, but after seeing this thread, i just may consider.

good hunting and fly safe!
-NavyAICS.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Thu, 26. May 11, 13:49

I voted yes and would just like to add Mu-hahahahahaaaaa.
You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 26. May 11, 21:56

I've around long enough to remember your sudden disaster last time.
Had hoped you were able to re-establish inter-universal relations.
However,afaik,clearing minerals will reduce productions of certain hardware,thus reducing the capabilities of the Boron Navy.
Just put a blockade in each sector to stop NPCs from supplying anything.

And best of British to ya !

Do I sense another story ?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 26. May 11, 22:08

TTD wrote:Do I sense another story ?
Like the one by Spaceweed Adict? That would be worth some, even though Boron aren't in Terran terrain. :split:

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 26. May 11, 22:43

yes I tried simple genocide before. And I failed.

But back on topic. Last time I tried this I destroyed everything. (factories, ships, etc.) I did not destroy the asteroids. This created two problems.

1. The borons simply would rebuild and I would have to destroy them again.

2. There would be intermitent periods where I would need peace to recover. I would hold peace talks (do good deeds to get neutral) and re stock my fleet. During this time I could of made a fortune had I left boron factories in need of resources like food, minerals, and energy.

These periods of peace eventually stopped because of war with the Argon.
What happened was...

My factories were built in Argon space. I had the top rank with the argons when the war started with the Borons however my sector defences attacked boron ships in argon space and my argon rank dissapeared. The Argons and Borons are an allies ... ("Hey do you guys care if I kill your best friends military patrol in your space? You know just a few M3's and tradeships. Nothing major.") ... Eventually it turned into a war just to stay in buisiness.

The Borons do not have the military capability to defeat a player corp. They are too small. They have too few sectors. They are weak. They are not well defended. They deserve to be enslaved for their incompetence. It's what they were made for. They for so long looked at the stars with hope. Now they will look upon the stars and see the enslavement of their race. I will rule them... I will not fail this time. I will re-fashion my empire for the sole purpose of their defeat. Every boron will owe his life to my mercy. And I will use their entire industrial system against them.

oops got distracted....

Anyway I was between a rock and a hardplace. I had to divide my fleet to cover the holes in my security. Eventually I lost too much and was run out of Argon space by what seemed like their entire Fleet. I lost tens of billions of credits in factories and equipment.

I lost The Billionaire's Club Flagship in a knockout fight to evacuate the Argon sectors of all non-jumpdrive equipped ships, defences, and personell.

After I lost the flagship I resighned from my job as Director and stopped updateing The Billionair's Club. The defeat slighted me so much against the Argons I will never build anything in one of their sectors again.

I also gained a severe hatred for the Allies. I felt that it was unfair to take on the entire Allience at one time. My blitzkrieg had destroyted the Boron empire but because of the Argons it destroyed mine as well.

I escaped to Teladie space with much of my fleet intact. However without the resources and the money to fund it I sold much of it off. Defeat will do that to you. Having Billions in ships is not much use if all you can do with them is send them off to do battle and not be able to afford the one or two hundred million in repairs.

So being under a billion credits i built a small base in Teladie space. The Teladie seemed not to care that I had tried to best the best of the best murderers in history. Or that I continued to plunder ships inside their space. I could of worked out a living and rebuilt but The argons did not forgive me. I could not keep my rep up. They would not accept my repreations. I did not intend to ever destoy people who were my friends. Because they are humans they have a right to life. It is my opinon that because the borons are aliens they deserve nothing but to be destroyed and stopped. I hate all races besides human ones. Truly you do to. They take up much of the universe and cause problembs that if they were made not to exist the humans could advance and take over. But no one wants that kind of blood on their hands. Enslaving empires is not a hobby for most governments. But as a corperation I have options...

Call it an oversight but I did not notice that Boron SPP don't need crystals to produce goods.

My plan this time is instead of the wholesale destruction of the fish I will simply enslave them by being a parasite upon their military industrial complex.

By destroying all of the food, mineral, and solar energy capabilities of the entire boron empire I can create a situation where they are entirely dependent on other races for support. This means the fish are defeated and ready for de facto annexation into my empire.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”