Unique TP's and bomkers cargo capacity

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brattbags01
x3tc

Unique TP's and bomkers cargo capacity

Post by brattbags01 » Thu, 26. May 11, 19:31

OK, in the game there are a few unique passenger transports (Iguana vanguard, Express hauler etc...) I'll take the Iguana vanguard as that is the only TP I use.
OK, when you look at the Iguana vanguard what do we see, well, we see a ship that is the same length as a Caimen Super Freighter XL and what appears to be the cargo configuration of a normal Super Freighter with a standard Iggy slapped to the front of it so a very useful ship, or so it seems, cause it only has 512 cargo units which is crazy being as it has a super Freighter configuration along with the passenger accommodation so a wasted opportunity to have a very useful ship in game :(
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 26. May 11, 19:56

TPs in general have smaller cargo capacity due to most of the space is reserved for passengers.

Rhox
x4

Re: Unique TP's and bomkers cargo capacity

Post by Rhox » Thu, 26. May 11, 20:11

brattbags01 wrote:OK, in the game there are a few unique passenger transports (Iguana vanguard, Express hauler etc...) I'll take the Iguana vanguard as that is the only TP I use.
OK, when you look at the Iguana vanguard what do we see, well, we see a ship that is the same length as a Caimen Super Freighter XL and what appears to be the cargo configuration of a normal Super Freighter with a standard Iggy slapped to the front of it so a very useful ship, or so it seems, cause it only has 512 cargo units which is crazy being as it has a super Freighter configuration along with the passenger accommodation so a wasted opportunity to have a very useful ship in game :(
Well, take a look at the game balance:
the Iguana Vanguard (a very nice ship, I own three: the one drifting in space and two bought Iggys) is about as fast as many M3's, therefore it has a very good survival chance for a TP. In addition, it has front lasers that can be controlled by the player rather than being fired from a turrent, a unique feature among TP's that's only shared with the standard Iguana. This improves combat performance significantly. And whilst I'm not going as far as to say that it could take on a horde of M3's, I'm still convinced it can show some quite sharp teeth for a transport vessel...
Could you imagine now what would happen if this ship, which is a very fast and quite well-armed transport, was given a cargo bay of a normal TS freighter?
This would make the Iguana Vanguard an overship and a perfect choice for the TP class...
Personally, I think that ES started to give the ships even more different stats in TC than in the previous games in order to eliminate overships that are the best of their class in all aspects. This adds more diversity to the game, as there is not one clearly outstanding ship in each class that surpasses all its other classmembers; there are different types of ships which are more specialized and excel only in certain aspects...

Another point regards your logical view on the lenght of the Iguana Vanguard:
When you take a look at the things contained in the X-universe, make sure you say goodbye to one thing first: logic
There are many unlogical things about the X-Universe, may it be that a medium transport that is as large as a heavy transport only has a fraction of its cargo capacity or that there is sound to be heard from the engines when you switch to the exterior ship camera. Just don't bother and have fun with the X games for they are great games with lots of fun for many kinds of players...

Best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 26. May 11, 23:25

Actually thinking back to X2 I recall some TPs had XL cargobays and were faster than they are now. They were the prefered ship for ferrying resources between player stations due to them being faster than most pirate ships. Probably the reason why they got re-balanced in X3....

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 26. May 11, 23:47

A patch to X2 did already rebalance the TP's.

[ external image ]
I'd say the TS/TP ship models are created from rather standard "modules" and the only way to make a non-standard TP easily must have been what we see in the game.

If you insist "logic", then do consider that "refreshments" take some real estate too. Think of a sizeable stage for Boron Rock Band and a very closed back-stage, which is not included in the "leg-room" of business class seats. :teladi:

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Thu, 26. May 11, 23:57

Hmm. Exactly what I was thinking. It is a ~luxury~ transport and maybe the Iggy Vanguard has some really nice luxuries on board.

The description states it's been used as a slave transport, but it doesn't actually say whether it was used to transport slaves or for .... other .... uses.

Now get you mind out of the gutter. You're blocking by periscope.

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Fri, 27. May 11, 01:32

Also consider that the TP class ships aren't meant to include subspace compression technology as they are designed to carry people which I hear don't like to be compressed. (Reject if safety cap can be depressed - poor unhappy jam jars.)

Of course that logic fails when you can squeeze some people into an (expanded) M5's cargo bay.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Fri, 27. May 11, 02:35

Lelouch wrote:Hmm. Exactly what I was thinking. It is a ~luxury~ transport and maybe the Iggy Vanguard has some really nice luxuries on board.

The description states it's been used as a slave transport, but it doesn't actually say whether it was used to transport slaves or for .... other .... uses.
Betty wrote:This fast trasport ship has been in service for many years now. The ship was originally built for slave transport, to ferry slaves from their point of capture to the factories where they would spend the rest of their days. Now the ship is used to transport personnel from sector to sector. It is armed with adequate weaponry, but its main defence is speed.
This makes me think that the extra space back in the slave days was used to allocate military personnel to suppress possible attempts of rebellion by the slaves. And now it's used to fit all kinds of comfortable installations.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Fri, 27. May 11, 09:33

Ups. I stand corrected. =)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”