X-REBIRTH Please have a lengthy tutorial built into the game for the new people!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The7thFlame

X-REBIRTH Please have a lengthy tutorial built into the game for the new people!!!

Post by The7thFlame » Sun, 29. May 11, 03:19

So I bought x3 and I could not get into it despite the beautiful graphics.

I feel like I wasted my money because I did not have the time to spend trying to figure out how to play and control the game.

I took a good amount of time downloading guides that the community created but I still felt lost and overwhelmed.

SUGGESTION --> Don't loose the complexity that makes this game great! Instead create a good sized tutorial that will get you started and feeling confident about how to play the game.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 29. May 11, 03:21

Guides made by the forum members are the tutorials. :wink:

Besides tutorials aren't the ES way. Their way is to throw you into the deep end of the pool and let you figure out how to swim. :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. May 11, 18:27

Welcome to the X-universe.

The time involved in just playing the game is extensive,yet alone learning how to play.
And learning is what we , or many of us , are still doing after years of play.

I never sit down to play this game unless I have at least an hour to devote to it.

Don't try to learn everything all at once.
First learn how to fly.
Then learn how to upgrade your ship.

After that decide what kind of game you want to play
Trader?
Pirate?
Mercenary?
Explorer?
Something different to the above?
Mineral miner perhaps?

There are so many to choose from,or you could combine two or more into one game.

After you have decided,find out what ships,software and hardware is either essential or recommended.
Then learn how best to use them.

Experiment . You will probably restart a few times before you feel confident enough to really get engaged to the game.

Remember,there is no right or wrong way to play.
And then have fun.
Last edited by TTD on Sun, 29. May 11, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Sun, 29. May 11, 18:45

I wrote a guide for the Humble Merchant start in X3 - Terran Conflict, wich shows you a few of the missing basics and will get you started with the flight-school, you can find it at Roguey's website.

Here:
http://x3t.roguey.co.uk/news_single.php?id=259

The rest you learns as you play. :).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”