X3TC, Aldrin expansion - "Lost Friends" possible bug; looking for work-around

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Abaris
x3tc

X3TC, Aldrin expansion - "Lost Friends" possible bug; looking for work-around

Post by Abaris » Mon, 30. May 11, 16:23

I was happily playing my X3TC v3.1 along when I think I hit a bug that prevents me from finishing the Aldrin expansion mission - in particular the "Investigate Unknown Terran Sector 3" part. When I first got there, I saw the SPP debris and was flying really close to it (enjoying the cool graphics), but nothing triggered. So I jumped out and went back to my other plots building complexes and such. Later I decided to go back and give it one more shot - and the SPP was gone. There are no stations or anything in the sector (just 4 roids and a bunch of Terrans). I can also see Bala Gi but when I try to talk to him, he has just the usual "way to shipyard" menu. Since I thought I'm missing something I went and read the spoiler, but there is simply no SPP anymore so I can't trigger the next step. (I have read that the SPP triggers are a bit flaky, depending on the ship you fly etc., but since it's gone I can't try with a different ship anymore...)

Is there a way to trigger the next step manually since the SPP is gone? Or is there a way to get the SPP back?

Thanks, any help is appreciated (going back is not really an option since I spent a lot of time on other plots and building complexes).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. May 11, 16:45

I don't think the SPP has anything to do with the plot by then (ie after initially letting the Angel appear when you got near it). The aim then is to get a message from Bala Gi in the Angel, but I think you get that only by flying close to the ship rather than comming it.

Oh and this is gameplay and so better in X-Universe rather than Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Abaris
x3tc

Post by Abaris » Mon, 30. May 11, 18:34

My sincere apologies - in that case it is really a gameplay question and not a bug - and yes, coming close does the trick. Sorry again for the noise, and please feel free to delete the thread. Thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”