X3R: about to get into silicon mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jamesp81

X3R: about to get into silicon mining

Post by jamesp81 » Mon, 30. May 11, 18:10

I've found a silicon asteroid in Herron's Nebula I'm about to start mining. A couple of ways I can go, wanted to solicit community input on which is best, or if there is even such a thing as the best.

I've got 4 mercury local traders that are making decent money. Should I build a silicon mine and have the Argon Mammoth in Argon Prime install it, or should wait longer (a lot longer, mind you) until I can buy my own mammoth?

Or would it be better to just do mobile mining for now?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:55

IIRC, silicon mining in X3:R is a lucrative profession. After assigning a transport to support it, the local traders can continue what they are doing and any mobile mining you had can continue.

It sounds like you are in a somewhat early game. Until you have a steady and healthy income coming from any mines you place and the traders, I'd save my money on buying a Mammoth.

In fact my first TL would a a Split Elephant. It's the cheapest TL out there, it had the most hangers (14), and it's the fastest one. When you don't need it as a TL, it can be pressed into service as a light carrier.

jamesp81

Post by jamesp81 » Tue, 31. May 11, 01:33

I'll just hire out the TL then. The Mammoth in Argon Prime only charges 1000 credits per gate passed through, which is chump change compared to what I'm spending the station itself.

Definitely a very early game stage. I kind of cheesed it a bit and flew in a big circle right off the bat and collected 4 of the freebie ships (Toucan, Mako, Iguana, Buster Sentinel) and sold them all for start up capital. I spent the money to buy two fully decked out Mercurys (3x 25MJ shields, Alpha IRE, 12 fighter drones, all trading, navigation, and special command softwares). At this point I've got 4 Mercurys all operating as local traders and a 4.5 million credit bank account. Game clock stands at just a shade under two days, so still very early.

Ultimately I want a full complex that feeds itself that produces energy cells. That seems to be the ticket to a money machine right there, but no way I can afford a Silicon mine, multiple crystal fabs, the SPP, Cattle Ranches and Cahoona Bakeries all at once :) Gotta start somewhere.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. May 11, 21:12

4 Mercurys all operating as local traders

Do you mean Sector Traders?
Local Traders are in TC not Reunion.

If playing TC,then Silicon trading is not as good as it was in Reunion.I would save your money for better things.

Otherwise,if playing Reunion,then yes,silicon is good.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 00:02

There's a script for Local Traders in Reunion.

Goatman
x3tc

Post by Goatman » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 14:35

Since its early rent the mammoth.
Buy a L.Sil mine. (Always buy L mines) set Sell Sil. To -1 Avg price, buy Ecells to +1 avg, give it 1-2 million cash, trade with other races to yes, and auto transfer cash to 3 to 5 mill. Wait for profitssss!!!
You can start it with Ecells your traders buy in The Wall manually if you want.
Later add a Cag frieghter of choice (Bonus Pack GODSEND) just keep an eye on him early as the fool will ALWAYS go to max jumprange to buy his ecells, find closest SPP and set max range to that (increase when he CAN jump) Add crystal fabs. A 26 yield will support 5 Ms. I don't add SPPs, an L SPP eats ALOT of crystals!!
In reunion I can't find ANY L crystal fabs.
Good Luck!!!!
TC 3.2 *Moddified* with XRM,highhulls, eEQv2.7.2.2,EquipResandDevV1.00CommPluginConfigV1.51,FDNV7.2/LIModv7, MissdefMk2,XRMdockwaresizefix,Nofog,Npcbailing,Salvageclaimsoft, SalvcommandNPC's,Smart2.2,Memiaautoscansector,GALAXYEXPLORER1.9.8.9,Workshop_V20,BounceV1.7,Codea3310/BasicpayV3103/MilitaryTransV3300/PersonalTransV3400/MefosV3206, and ALL required Librarys,** yet to add MbrrV2.16!!** just have a few ssWares in the cheat menu? And all FINALLY coexist peacefully!

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 14:50

Goatman wrote:In reunion I can't find ANY L crystal fabs.
They don't exist in X3:R. They were only introduced in v2.1 of X3:TC.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 14:54

Crystal Fab L was added later.
(edit out)... in TC.

They are at the bottom of the list,not with the Crystal Fab M.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”