(TC) Question about nvidium mining in Kingdoms end (possible spoiler?)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Potshot

(TC) Question about nvidium mining in Kingdoms end (possible spoiler?)

Post by Potshot » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:09

I've read something about mining nvidium in Kingdoms end. So i bought a few argon mercuries, blasted 3-4 nvidium asteroids with mosquitoes and sent my guys to work.

The problem is- they worked for a bit, then i sold them with the nvidium in their hold. So i got pretty bold and bought 5 more mercuries and went to kingdoms end only to find there is no nvidium there anymore. No asteroids as far as I can tell and if i tell my dudes to go to my satelite (which i positioned very close to the roids i blew up) and start collecting rocks, they just turn around and go to some other part of Kingdoms end to collect some ore. I thought that there was supposed to be an endless respawning number of nvidium asteroids in close proximity of eachother in kingdoms end?

Im pretty sure im doing something wrong, though i have no clue what exactly.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:24

I think rocks only respawn when OOS. You might need to stop them when entering the sector. Not sure whether IS collected rocks will respawn some time later.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:59

You better off using Perpetual Sin as a Niv mining base as it's a remote location. You will have to breakup one of the of roids first though.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 30. May 11, 21:04

Take a look around that satellite too. In my current game I blasted 6 or 8 nvidium rocks into collectable pieces.

The curious thing is I had to go IS at some point after selling 7500 units, yet the picking up has continued to go well. I've sold another 4500 rocks since then and even had to enter KE a second time.

Potshot

Post by Potshot » Mon, 30. May 11, 21:05

Im just starting out so perpetual sin is a long way from me. And i really dont intend to go into in-depth mining, i just wated a couple of millions rather fast so i can set up a few uts and them be on my merry way. The Kingdoms end infinite nvidium sounded like the perfect opportunity to do just that (just buy a few mercuries and missles and you're set :)

Potshot

Post by Potshot » Mon, 30. May 11, 22:26

Sorry for double posting but i didnt see your post as you made it while i was typing mine :P

I dont know how you manage to find that much nvidium, i only found about 2k and i blasted at least 5-6 asteroids (you were right, they sometimes respawn when i leave the sector). Just now i blew 3 roids and got a grand total of 35 nvidium. What am i doing wrong?

And is there any way to know what asteroids are nvidium other than clicking each one and going target->info? At least some visual hint or something?

This is very frustrating. Especially because i feel i spent more on missles than i earned from nvid.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 30. May 11, 22:59

That's the only way to find them. Those rocks will break apart with on Mosquito, if you are using anything bigger you are wasting money and possibly destroying collectable rocks (questionable statement there).

Make sure the satellite is close enough to the rocks, then let the collectors go a while. Usual pick up for me a been 1 or 2 at a time, so it will take a while to fill up a ship. Run 10 or 20 ships at a time and then with a transporter device, merge their cargo if you are in desperate need of credits. If I can find some cheap 2nd hand miner variations, I'll have them collect and move to the nvidium to naked Mercs (Argon) or Merc Haulers (CSE). They will hold 750 units and 1500 units, respectively, once you remove the 1 MJ shield. One Hauler is slightly less than 2 of the standard Mercs. Dolphins are too expensive. Everything else is too far away for disposable ships to travel safely.

Terry Duncan1
x3tc

Post by Terry Duncan1 » Tue, 31. May 11, 00:08

The Nividium exploit works fine out of sector, but if you go back in sector you need to crack more rocks before you can restart. These do seem to re-spawn as after my main game died in a major computer crash, I have mined a few million at first before knowing of the exploit, but then went back and set up a semi permanent operation to get back to where I had been originally - about 1bn in cas and about eight hundred ships and stations.

Having way overdone the mining now I have 20 ships collecting rocks to transport to a holding ship that then transports the rocks into an basic un fitted out, just as bought, Mamoth every few hours for over 100 million profit. This has helped me have around 1000 ships and 1000 stations with no signs of the rocks running out. Probably double the speed of doing things honestly!

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 31. May 11, 00:11

KE has about 8 Nvidium rocks in it. How I do it (and I have had never a trouble with this system), is go to Co-ordinates, drop sat, look around for the rocks, shoot them with IRE, PRG, PAC, whatever your fancy, (you do not have to shoot them with Mosquitoes, but you can if you want to), leave the sector, send in your miners to the sat with orders to notify you when they get there, then tell them to collect rocks. At first, when I can't afford a TL, I send in a few hulls to transfer the Nvidium to. Then I send the hulls to the SY in KE and sell them. Once I get enough for a TL, I send it up there to collect it from the miners, which are always collecting. I do this ALL OOS. And I NEVER go back.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 31. May 11, 02:30

Joe McCracken wrote:I do this ALL OOS. And I NEVER go back.
Do this.
Break the rocks once. Never go back. They will stay broken as long as something is mining them.
If you ever do have to go back, stop mining. Order your ships away from the dig site, then hope to everything you don't break the spawn when you go back in.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Niv in KE

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 31. May 11, 05:10

Potshot, you found the easiest way to make big $, especially early in the game. Niv mining has a number of possible problems, as you already see.

KE is a nice place to mine Niv, since you don't even have to go to another sector to sell it, and you don't have to crack a big asteroid either.

So go back to an earlier save if you can. Because you made one of those mistakes.

First, after you leave the active Niv field, you can't go back to it personally. So you need one or more ships gathering before you leave. And you shouldn't even go back to the sector. (If you need to because of the plots, ask about it then.)

You have to keep an gathering ship in the Niv fields at all times. If there is none, the respawn feature dies. You won't even know for a while, because you can gather the Niv that is there. But no more will spawn.

While you are IS, do not transport anything, or jump out, or have any ship jump in. All can cause the respawn feature to die.

You might get away with any of these things once, but probably you won't. Probabilies are involved, but it is best not to take the chance. There might be some more, but they talk about all these things in the Billionaire Club posting.

Good Luck!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Potshot

Post by Potshot » Tue, 31. May 11, 05:47

Big thanks to everybody for all the constructive advice. I managed to do make it work. All that was needed is for me to leave the sector, come back again, blast the nvidium and never come back.

Mined a few loads and I think im done with that for a while. Just wanted a little faster start without actually cheating (i know this can be considered cheating as well but at least I dont feel as big of a cheater as if i just gave myself 20-30 mil :) ) And besides, the music in KE is enough to make me visit often. Favorite spot from X2 (no music then but still).

Thanks again! I'm going to do things properly now hehe :wink:

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 31. May 11, 06:09

Nvidium mining/rock collecting is not cheating. It's in the game as an option. The endless rock collecting is exploiting a weakness in the code, but Egosoft has known about this every since the first person to use it posted to the forum about it. Egosoft hasn't removed it in any of their patches. If they don't mind, I don't mind.

The rocks respawn. They respawn faster if you stay OOS.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 31. May 11, 12:48

Respawn doesn't seem to work too well with a certain rock in Ore Belt.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 09:42

ancienthighway wrote:Nvidium mining/rock collecting is not cheating. It's in the game as an option. The endless rock collecting is exploiting a weakness in the code, but Egosoft has known about this every since the first person to use it posted to the forum about it. Egosoft hasn't removed it in any of their patches. If they don't mind, I don't mind.

AIUI, the respawn was added in a patch, & the IS problem people complain about is that entering the sector, or transferring between ships with the TD, can trigger the reaggregation routines, returning the debris to it's uncollectabable sizes requiring you to break them apart again.
Triaxx2 wrote:Respawn doesn't seem to work too well with a certain rock in Ore Belt.
I had no problem with it's respawn, my issue was that every ship I sent from Avarice to pick up the collected Niv went via the gorram East gate (next time, I'm putting a "Fly to this station" waypoint on something HoL before the "Load from Ship" in Ore Belt).

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 11:38

JAFA_NZ wrote:
ancienthighway wrote:Nvidium mining/rock collecting is not cheating. It's in the game as an option. The endless rock collecting is exploiting a weakness in the code, but Egosoft has known about this every since the first person to use it posted to the forum about it. Egosoft hasn't removed it in any of their patches. If they don't mind, I don't mind.

AIUI, the respawn was added in a patch, & the IS problem people complain about is that entering the sector, or transferring between ships with the TD, can trigger the reaggregation routines, returning the debris to it's uncollectabable sizes requiring you to break them apart again.
It is the reaggregation routine, but it's more serious than "you have to break them up again". If you trigger the reaggregation routine at the wrong time (I think it's something to do with ships being in the way of where the new rock wants to be), you will break the respawn forever. The minerals will effectively disappear and you will not be able to mine them.

Glaceious

Post by Glaceious » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 14:23

All these complex answers to Nividium mining. Its cake 1) break rock into as many lil rocks as you can. 2) post satellite 4) send guys w/ mining program to satellite 5) collect rocks. 6) Leave them till their full then sell them at closest ship yard. $$

I do this every game since i first figured it out. Its not complicated.

I also recommend using P.S. as your Mining area. K.E. is lame when it comes to the amt you can mine at once (small asteroid). Waste of time. Your better off finding an abandoned ship or 2 and selling them for quick creds.
Spoiler
Show
Edit: There are 3 Large asteroids in P.S. for Niv Mining. 10 ships per broken asteroid = tons of cash. Not to mention a Par shipyard is right next door w/ mining vessels ready to rock.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 14:30

Infekted wrote:
JAFA_NZ wrote:

It is the reaggregation routine, but it's more serious than "you have to break them up again". If you trigger the reaggregation routine at the wrong time (I think it's something to do with ships being in the way of where the new rock wants to be), you will break the respawn forever. The minerals will effectively disappear and you will not be able to mine them.
I've also found ships will take damage. One of the reasons I prefer Perpetual Sins as a mining sector.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 17:57

Glaceious wrote:All these complex answers to Nividium mining. Its cake 1) break rock into as many lil rocks as you can. 2) post satellite 4) send guys w/ mining program to satellite 5) collect rocks. 6) Leave them till their full then sell them at closest ship yard. $$

I do this every game since i first figured it out. Its not complicated.

I also recommend using P.S. as your Mining area. K.E. is lame when it comes to the amt you can mine at once (small asteroid). Waste of time. Your better off finding an abandoned ship or 2 and selling them for quick creds. [/spoiler]
I have 350 miners mining that cluster in KE. Is that enough you think? Just remain OOS always. There's no limit to how many miners can mine the same patch as long as you remain OOS. And you wont break the respawn. Bonus.

Simon - Aye there is that. But ships can be replaced/repaired. A nice juicy niv patch gone for ever is something else ><

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 06:03

In my experience, like Infekted, it doesn't matter how many miners you have in one spot. I have always mined that spot in KE, and have never had any of my ships take any damage whatsoever while mining as long as there is no one actively shooting them up (like Pirates) .:pirat: I haven't got up to 350 miners in the one spot, but I have gotten around 50 there and never had any trouble. But then again I never go back to KE once my mining operation is started, ever. 8)
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”