Tractor Beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

walneyite
x3tc

Tractor Beam

Post by walneyite » Tue, 31. May 11, 22:17

Help pleaseI need a tractor beam for the Aldrin Plot X3TC.Can someone tell me where to obtain.In earlier versions it was Paranid but I cant locate a source.Thanks.Walneyite

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 31. May 11, 22:26

There should be two tractor beam fabs in Third Redemtion iirc. Unless GoD has removed them, in which case you will have to buy a Tractor Beam Factory from the Paranid.

Jean Luc 2000
x3

Post by Jean Luc 2000 » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 19:37

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:There should be two tractor beam fabs in Third Redemtion iirc. Unless GoD has removed them, in which case you will have to buy a Tractor Beam Factory from the Paranid.
That is bad comedy. Are you being serious? How do you even access Thrid Redemtion sectors? You have to plough in 20 million+ just build an item so we can move an asteroid a bit to the right?!? The developers can't be that cruel. :roll:

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 20:00

Third Redemption is not that hard to get there, and the factories have always been there for me. Maybe short on resources, but they've been there.

Does the GoD remove factories from sectors you haven't yet discovered?

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 20:05

ancienthighway wrote:Third Redemption is not that hard to get there, and the factories have always been there for me. Maybe short on resources, but they've been there.

Does the GoD remove factories from sectors you haven't yet discovered?
Ohhh yes it does..

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 20:13

I think Egosoft tweaked 'GoD' a bit in one of the latest patches to keep at least one TB factory in the universe. Too many complaints about those factories going AWOL, I guess. And it's all because there are no equipment docks, corp HQ's or outposts that buy and sell them, so the NPC traders never empty the factory. Problem could've been easily fixed simply by giving the NPC's some place to trade them. I know, because in one of my games, I added TB's to several Paranid EqDocks, and due to NPC trading, both factories stayed put. Oh, well.

Anyway, there's always been at least one in Third Redemption in my last few games. Not sure what patch it was, though.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 20:21

Nanook wrote:I think Egosoft tweaked 'GoD' a bit in one of the latest patches to keep at least one TB factory in the universe. Too many complaints about those factories going AWOL, I guess. And it's all because there are no equipment docks, corp HQ's or outposts that buy and sell them, so the NPC traders never empty the factory. Problem could've been easily fixed simply by giving the NPC's some place to trade them. I know, because in one of my games, I added TB's to several Paranid EqDocks, and due to NPC trading, both factories stayed put. Oh, well.

Anyway, there's always been at least one in Third Redemption in my last few games. Not sure what patch it was, though.
I just checked, and the TB factories in my game are... gone. Version 3.1. Good thing I bought several while the factories still existed.

Bad thing, I suppose, that I've neglected to do what you did, and just add the ware to a few docks. I think I might go ahead and do that, and the same for FAA and CFAA, and see if GoD responds.
*** modified ***

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 20:28

Painman wrote:...
I just checked, and the TB factories in my game are... gone. Version 3.1. Good thing I bought several while the factories still existed....
Was this an ongoing, upgraded savegame, or was it a new 3.1 start? It may make a difference, especially if the factories had disappeared before the patch. Then again, perhaps GoD didn't remove them, enemy action did. I recently saw an Argon task force come through and wipe out several stations in that sector, which may account for me only having a single TB factory left. I dunno, though, this is all speculation based on what I've experienced in a couple of new 3.1 game starts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 21:16

Nanook wrote:
Painman wrote:...
I just checked, and the TB factories in my game are... gone. Version 3.1. Good thing I bought several while the factories still existed....
Was this an ongoing, upgraded savegame, or was it a new 3.1 start? It may make a difference, especially if the factories had disappeared before the patch. Then again, perhaps GoD didn't remove them, enemy action did. I recently saw an Argon task force come through and wipe out several stations in that sector, which may account for me only having a single TB factory left. I dunno, though, this is all speculation based on what I've experienced in a couple of new 3.1 game starts.
It's a fresh 3.1 gamestart. It could have been enemy action destroying the stations... really not sure.
*** modified ***

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 22:36

In my 3.0 gamestart, the TB factories disappeared early. (Modification took place after the disappearance.)

I now have the only running TB factory in the universe, with a manual trader selling its wares to a same-sector EqD.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 22:56

I always make sure to dock a ship at one of them as soon as I am able, just to make sure I can get my hands on them when I need them. :)

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 23:22

Wait... TB factories can be bought or not..?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 23:29

I bought a tractor beam factory, so yes, it can be bought (from the paranid I believe)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 23:40

Yeah, they can be bought from the Paranid.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 23:41

I thought so but was wandering whats all the fuss about. Buy factory and produce few, well one is really all you need. After that you could leave it in some core sector, possibly with and TS CAG, and perhaps small food half loop addon (you would need 1M soyfarm, 1M soyery and 2 factories) or just leave it as a single factory or just destroy it, up to you. If you are in complex building phase you ought to have money for small exhibition such as this.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 23:47

I agree, one TB is enough and building a factory is probably a waste of time. There isn't anywhere to sell them in anycase so you would have to manually sell them. One of the reasons I always dock an M5 at one of the factories a soon as I start a new game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 19:51

As an update to my previous postings, it seems that GoD has been changed wrt the TB factories. I reported above that I had a single TB factory still in Third Redemption. Well, I revisited that sector for other reasons last night, and, lo and behold, the second factory was back. And both were fully stocked. It seems I was right about the patch.

So if you are currently playing v3.1 and have no TB factories in that sector, be patient. GoD will either respawn them in place (most likely) or have the Paranid rebuild them using a local TL (probably not, since the new one was fully stocked with TB's and resources, and it would've taken a long time to build all those TB's, much longer than since my previous visit).

Happy towing. :D

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 21:13

There is a way to automatically sell them. Command a freighter to do a manual trade run from your tractor beam factory to any equipment dock of your choosing, and tell it to repeat indefinitely when it asks (I forget which software it requires, when it doubt, buy them all!). You can sell unlimited quantities of weapons to equipment docks which do not sell that item, and since no equipment dock sells tractor beams, you will be able to sell unlimited quantities of tractor beams to any equipment dock for the average price. I use this trick to unload all my extra hurricane missiles from my factory. Again, if the equipment dock does not sell it, it will buy unlimited quantities of the item.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 22:43

Oh yes, the infamous retail seller "exploit" works on TB as well : ) nice.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 00:01

Remember though, TB factories, like ISR factories, take about 5 hours for a production run and give 5 as output. Station max is 8 so they sit on standby until 2 are removed. Moral : always build in pairs (minimum) ... cheers, Neil

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”