Capping Kha'ak Scout in Xenon Sector 627 (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

Capping Kha'ak Scout in Xenon Sector 627 (spoilers)

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 04:49

Tired of raising reputation with Duke's Haven, I decided to cap some of the ships missing for my collection. Using tweaked Find Ships script from X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition I found this lonely Kha'ak Scout, which seemed to be a great target, especially after capping a Fighter and Interceptor a day ago.

[ external image ]

Going hunting in a Xenon Sector, however, is not the easiest task. I decided giving it a go anyways. Since I didn't want to waste hundreds of missiles and lot of time on clearing sector of foes, I decided to use the "Jump, run to target, cap quickly and run the hell out of there" method.

a Heavy Centaur Prototype I've been successfully using for capping these days seemed somewhat slow for such a task, So I decided to grab a Mamba Raider on a nearby shipyard - fast, can equip the needed weapons (Mass Driver and IRE)... The shielding might be somewhat better, though, but it's okay, it will add some adrenaline to the adventure :twisted:

[ external image ]

After going for a walk around the sector I managed to leave the bigger target somewhat behind, having only few M5s on me. Looks like a good moment to go and cap this thing.

[ external image ]

Couldn't manage to bring his hull to lower than 3% - a single shot from Mass Driver deals more damage than 3% of his hull (and jumping out in space suit to patch him up seemed a bit too extreme), so left it there. My own shields (well, shield, it's a single 25MJ one) are fine at 70%

[ external image ]

The next part made this capture the funniest of all I did so far. Single IRE shot dealt damage enough to strip 8-10% of his shield away, and they regen very fast. So, dealing controlled damage, trying to perform a shot which will take away the last of his shield and a little hull damage without killing him, while trying to keep the aim, and dodge the damn suicide pilot which kept trying to fly into me and die (which he actually did, twice) instead of bailing.

Finally, after 9 unsuccesful attempts (without counting those when he suicided or I blew him up) he turned blue, WOOT! But I already had the horde of Qs and such too close to claim. I decided visiting a friend at Duke's Haven also, and grab some System Override Software before taking Xenons for another walk around their sector.

[ external image ]

After returned, I found out that I was too lazy to drag that group of Qs away from my treasure, so I decided trying a quick "Run in Turbo Booster, remote claim, transfer self and Docking Computer, dock at Hyperion Vanguard and jump the hell out of there!!!" tactic.

[ external image ]

The forementioned tactic didn't work the first two times: I flew past him the first time and missed the claim button, when I returned the Qs were already pounding me with PPC so I reloaded. The second time I flew right into him. But the third time it worked just well. Also those couple of seconds I spent in a M5 without shields, with 2% hull, were quite tense!

So, this is what my Kha'ak collection looks like:

[ external image ]
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 04:52

I'm pretty sure I got enough scout bails just by flying a FLAK equipped M2. Or was it deca with GKYONs?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 05:03

Well, you capped and every ship available (according to your blueprints statistics), I'm just a novice :D

Also I find flying in a M2 through Kha'ak sectors boring... Maybe I should try managing my property while waiting for it to kill everything :gruebel:
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 05:13

Back in Reunion I kept an Odysseus for occasional jaunts into Kha'ak space... PSGs were quite good for generating Kha'ak bailouts. I haven't played around with the Oddy much in TC, though.
*** modified ***

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 06:07

nponoBegHuk wrote:Well, you capped and every ship available (according to your blueprints statistics), I'm just a novice :D
My blueprint statistics is borked. The # of bails is not though and I think about 40% of that number were scouts bailing in that Kha'ak sector :) It is boring if you don't use autopilot and go do some other things.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 06:24

aha... but.. if you leave the PC unattended you can get killed by that pesky Kha'ak! I will give it a go though, thanks :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 18:44

nponoBegHuk wrote: if you leave the PC unattended you can get killed by that pesky Kha'ak!
Never happens if you fly a decent destroyer and don't set your SETA accelerator higher than your CPU power. If you are afraid of dying :P , you can use a non-core sector where no capital ships are getting spawned.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”