Saving terran stations - question about Aldrin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xianus
x2

Saving terran stations - question about Aldrin

Post by Xianus » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 10:32

Hello

In my current game I started Terran Defender, managed to get a cheap M5 at most of the terran stations, but don't have access to Aldrin yet - I'm waiting to get marines good enough to cap a #deca. My question is: how long will it take for the GoD to start removing stations? Or maybe the whole sector is spawned when it appears on the map, when you talk to the Terran Tyr during the mission? (just like the Khaak sectors in OFF) It would be nice to have a place to buy weapons for springblossom later. It's gameday 5 right now.

By the way - do all the stations have a chance to be removed, or just some of them? I somehow recall that Shipyards, EQDocs and Trading Stations stay all the time. Is this correct?

Another q - what is the quickest way to explore Aldrin? In my previous game I got there pretty quick, after around 24h game-time, but managed to find only three or so stations. I recall there is a large difference in Y coordinates, so it would require several kestrels running "map sector" at different starting points. Any hints here?

A5PECT
x4

Re: Saving terran stations - question about Aldrin

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 10:37

Xianus wrote:My question is: how long will it take for the GoD to start removing stations?
You're right. The sector doesn't exist until you jump in with the ATF fleet, so you don't have to start worrying about Aldrin until that point in the Terran plot.
By the way - do all the stations have a chance to be removed, or just some of them? I somehow recall that Shipyards, EQDocs and Trading Stations stay all the time. Is this correct?
Yup.
Another q - what is the quickest way to explore Aldrin?
The multi-Kestrel route is probably the most efficient. Just start each one 30 or so km apart along the y axis with a scan range of 400km. Depending on how many ships you use you'll have to re-issue the commands at new y coordinates after they finish each scan.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”