How do you cap pirate M6's (spacewalk question)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

How do you cap pirate M6's (spacewalk question)

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 06:25

seriously i cant do it, i send my ship to board it then it just flys around getting shot up and i cant get a M7M yet no money to buy one helps mee!!! :P
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 06:28

Spacewalk boarding is terribly unreliable.

The only way I got it to work was to keep re-issueing the "Launch all marines" command (in the Additional Commands slots) until they finally got out, then started firing Wasp missiles to cover their advance.

Be careful, because the enemy will shoot at your marines if you don't give them some sort of distraction.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

zackinger
x3tc

Post by zackinger » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 09:33

Your best bet is to fry all guns off your target before trying a spacewalk capture. It´s doable but will require some patience.

I had the best results too by having my TP cruise close to the target and then use the "launch all marines command"

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 09:38

Are the shields below 10%?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 12:40

Frankly speaking? It's way easier to capture an M7M with space walk boarding than it is to capture an M6 with it. It's a much bigger target, and easier for them to get onto and as long as you've got 3-4 stars in mechanical they shouldn't have trouble getting in.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 2. Jun 11, 14:24

Use Fighter Drones ...

You are in your M6 with 5 decent marines & have targeted another M6. Eject 6 Fighter Drone MK2's from 15/km or so away from your target.
Order all drones to attack the target so they all take off in that direction, then along their way re-order them individually to attack target shields.
Depending on your target you will lose some of those MK2's as the target sheilds go down, and after your down to 3 or close to 10% sheilds,
then you need to launch regular fighter drones, at least 6, maybe 8 or 12. These you can order to attack the targets shields one at a time
and let them string out getting to the target, while you follow them.

When the target's sheilds are below 10% then order your piracy command & let go ....

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 15:41

Frying takes a lot of time. Rtaher just use some minimal damage swarm missile to keep those turrets busy ... but still, they might retarget the marines if it tooks to long for them to get there. So it's a combination of good timing and placing (ejecting) and it requires 50% skill, and 50 % luck. This is what makes it enjoyable. Because where there is no randomness (luck) involved, there is little fun.
Thereshallbewings

Panzerman
x3tc

Post by Panzerman » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 18:22

If you're sending an AI piloted TP to board it'll never work. The TP will go into collision avoidance before they can get close enough to launch marines, and end up just flying circles and getting shot up.

You need to be at the wheel yourself for spacewalk boarding, as positioning is critical.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”