X-rebirth combat

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shuulo
x4

X-rebirth combat

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 14:28

Ok, i didnt find any word about combat system of TNBT, so there is my questions:

1. Will there be more difference between fighter weapons and cap ships ones( I mean something like heavy gauss cannons, spinal mounts etc...)

2. We know that there will be subsystems, but how many and what kind? (only destroyable engines or there will be life support system, bridge, reactors, every single turret?)

3.Will there still be ammunition based weapon?

4. Will there be different types of shields and armor, weapon ability to penetrate shields etc, or its just like primitive system in TC?

5.Will carriers be there? They will be devastating ships?

6.Is there changes in missile system, will there be missile tubes on every ship? Will missiles be launched from tubes or from empty space beneath spaceship like in TC?

7. Will cap ships have external docking ports?

8. What types of ships will be present (m1-m8??) Will m6 corvettes be capships and will we be able to pilot them directly from bridge?

9. More to come...)))

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 14:43

Hehe knowing such details about the game will completely kill the fun

Exploration is the price :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 15:12

this thread will most likely be locked in the very near future so, i'll say this before it does: there's a thread with about 20 pages already that discusses all things TNBT a.k.a. XR or X Rebirth. i'll edit this post with a link to it for you. i suggest posting all these questions there.
-NavyAICS.

Edit: it was easy to find...it's a sticky at the top of the page. click here
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 22:08

Please keep X-Rebirth discussions to the existing threads. Thank you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”