Request for X-Rebirth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tolmos
x3tc

Request for X-Rebirth

Post by Tolmos » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 18:53

Currently, X3R and X3TC do not require you to reinstall the game if you have a copy of the folder on hand.

For instance, if I install it on my desktop and want to move it to my laptop, I can just use a 16gig jumpdrive to copy the folder to my laptop and it will work just fine.

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS!

Considering how mod heavy this game can be, and how sensitive save files are to every mod and every setting being exactly right (and I can only assume X-Rebirth will be the same way. <3 mods and hope they stay... and its impossible for a save file to work properly if something is missing), it will be a massive help to not have to worry about reinstalling then copying every... single... mod from one machine to another.

That's my X-Rebirth request. This "feature" has been one of my most used. I keep a backup of X3 at all times on an external drive just for this reason. It would break my heart to see this change.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 19:00

I suspect that is something that is already cast in stone! They are way passed engine development now (now into the testing/Beta/almost optimisation stages).

You may actually get an answer to that tho, since it has no bearing on gameplay or anything related...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 22:10

Please keep discussions of X-Rebirth to the existing threads.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”