Paranid Troops Won't Turn Blue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rumpltumpskin
x3tc

Paranid Troops Won't Turn Blue

Post by rumpltumpskin » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 23:34

i started out as a bankrupt assassin so the boron and paranid were all red. i was second to the lowest rank with both of them. the boron warmed up easily enough, i only had to do one mission for a member of their race. the paranid have proved to be much more problematic. i am currently a "Friend of the Priest Duke" which is the 7th highest rank but some paranid ships are still hostile. right now for instance, i am flying through Friars Retreat and even though the paranid military Zeus is friendly, the Deimos and Nemesis there still fire on me.

i'll keep attempting to raise my rank with them but if i knew that some paranid ships will always be hostile i would stop wasting my time.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 02:23

You should comm them and apologize for weapons fire. Sometimes they will turn blue if you do. If they don't, frag 'em! :twisted: Doing more missions for them is always a good Idea. Same with the Pirates. Unless you want to fight 'em. :pirat:
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 02:32

Your genneral rank with Paranid may be going up, but individual /station/ rank depends upon what you did to those stations' ships.

If during your time as an outcast you pirated/destroyed ships, those ships' owners won't be very happy with you. This has nothing to do with your 'Empire' rank

Does this make sense?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

rumpltumpskin
x3tc

Post by rumpltumpskin » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 16:30

not really, thanks for the suggestion though. i am coming across hostile stations in newly explored sectors. it is a minor inconvenience only. the main reason i want all major races blue is so i can set my turrets to "attack all enemies" and not have to worry about losing rep.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:09

Joe McCracken wrote:You should comm them and apologize for weapons fire. Sometimes they will turn blue if you do. If they don't, frag 'em! :twisted: Doing more missions for them is always a good Idea. Same with the Pirates. Unless you want to fight 'em. :pirat:
Actually, he should comm and apologize to the largest ship in the sector, in this case the Zeus, even if it's already blue. That will cause all the other red Paranid ships in the sector to turn blue. If the boss says you're ok, then everyone thinks you're ok. :mrgreen:

As for red stations, I'm afraid the above won't work. You'll need to find a hacking mission somewhere nearby in order to get those guys blue again.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:13

Nanook wrote:
Joe McCracken wrote:You should comm them and apologize for weapons fire. Sometimes they will turn blue if you do. If they don't, frag 'em! :twisted: Doing more missions for them is always a good Idea. Same with the Pirates. Unless you want to fight 'em. :pirat:
Actually, he should comm and apologize to the largest ship in the sector, in this case the Zeus, even if it's already blue. That will cause all the other red Paranid ships in the sector to turn blue. If the boss says you're ok, then everyone thinks you're ok. :mrgreen:

As for red stations, I'm afraid the above won't work. You'll need to find a hacking mission somewhere nearby in order to get those guys blue again.
Some ships (e.g. the Mercs in the Final Fury 1st mission in Omicron Lyrae)would always remain red no matter what you do. In that case, the remedy is to use the shoot-missiles-then-jump-change-ship trick. Some red ships will eventually turn blue as you get higher in rep.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:19

Never had that occur, myself. The only ones that would stay red in my games were from another race. Virtually all military/police ships will go blue if you apologize to the leader, especially if it's a capital ship, assuming you have a positive race rank with them. Perhaps if you've annoyed some of the traders, they will stay red. But they almost always respond to individual requests, unless you've attacked them multiple times.

Only the pirates seem to fail this method, but they're just a bunch of anarchists anyway.

Ok, you just edited in the Mercs from Final Fury. Those ships are special cases and don't belong to the local Argon anyway. Bad example, IMO. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:27

Nanook wrote:Never had that occur, myself. The only ones that would stay red in my games were from another race. Virtually all military/police ships will go blue if you apologize to the leader, especially if it's a capital ship, assuming you have a positive race rank with them. Perhaps if you've annoyed some of the traders, they will stay red. But they almost always respond to individual requests, unless you've attacked them multiple times.

Only the pirates seem to fail this method, but they're just a bunch of anarchists anyway.

Ok, you just edited in the Mercs from Final Fury. Those ships are special cases and don't belong to the local Argon anyway. Bad example, IMO. :P
No actually, if your start game is hostile to a race, some ships may remain red. I have had 2 Mamba in the Split sector West of Faded Dreams that remain red (have no option to apologize) for about 5 game days. They are of course, not plot related. Apology sent to the local Split Large Obital Platform is not effective on them. My start game was DiD, and hostile to the Paranid and Split right off the bat. And no, being DiD, I don't have a save game to take a screenshot for it.
Mind you, I have started some 20+ DiD game, and that only happened once or twice.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:35

Are you sure they're Split, and not pirates? Have you tried scanning them? Sometimes you can get a pirate to reveal itself, sometimes not. I've played numerous games with different races starting out hostile to me, and have never seen what you described. In fact, in my current game, almost every race but the Teladi started out hating me, but once I raised my rep with a race, I've never encountered one of their ships that won't turn blue.

Maybe those Split ships you see are 'special' for that particular DiD start, I don't know because I've never tried that start, and since I don't use Steam, I don't plan on it. But that's beside the point.

So let's just say that, in general, you can get every ship to turn blue if your race rank is high enough, barring certain special ships. :wink:

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:51

Nanook wrote:Are you sure they're Split, and not pirates? Have you tried scanning them? Sometimes you can get a pirate to reveal itself, sometimes not. I've played numerous games with different races starting out hostile to me, and have never seen what you described. In fact, in my current game, almost every race but the Teladi started out hating me, but once I raised my rep with a race, I've never encountered one of their ships that won't turn blue.

Maybe those Split ships you see are 'special' for that particular DiD start, I don't know because I've never tried that start, and since I don't use Steam, I don't plan on it. But that's beside the point.

So let's just say that, in general, you can get every ship to turn blue if your race rank is high enough, barring certain special ships. :wink:
Trust me, they are Split millitary ships. I have tried everything, scan, apologize to the cap ship, beg, bribe etc... to no avail. It also happened once to one of my Poisoned Paranid start too, so it is not just DiD.

I normally just use the missle-jump trick to get rid of them, when I can afford an M6 (using Typhoon missiles). The problem with the Final Fury mercs is that when you actually do the first OFF mission in BHS, they would attack YOU instead of the Xenon :-(

rumpltumpskin
x3tc

Post by rumpltumpskin » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 23:27

thanks for the input everyone. i'm signalling way towards peace. like i said before, the station thing is minor inconvenience. i'll just keep aware of them when i'm building stations for the sake of trade. red ships and stations will never trade with you or your A.I. ships right?

also but off topic before get time to test it, can you drag ships or asteroids or stations through a jump gate?

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 00:01

rumpltumpskin wrote:also but off topic before get time to test it, can you drag ships or asteroids or stations through a jump gate?
Ships, Yes, Asteroids/Stations, no..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”