Is there an updated Mobile Mining mod/system?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MatthewLatham

Is there an updated Mobile Mining mod/system?

Post by MatthewLatham » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:03

I have a few factory complexes that the only resource needed is minerals. My miners go out and collect what I need but when they return with the load, they don't go back out like the freighter you send out to "buy best price"....

I just think it would be nice to be able to set them out and leave them to their work.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:20

There may be a mod in the S&M forum but I'm staying vanilla for now so don't know for sure.

It can be done without mods by using the collect rocks command (Bonus pack script I think) and then assigning a CLS2 freighter (also Bonus pack script) to collect the minerals from the miners and deliver to the complex/station/another ship.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:37

Can't you just build a mine and supply via complex or CLS MK1? I won't use mobile mining for own station supply...

MatthewLatham

Post by MatthewLatham » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:43

The method I'm using is cost-free (except for build cost). The only thing my complexes need as far as supplies is ore/silicon.

I like staying vanilla, but if there is no way to automate my miners in vanilla, I will consider a mod.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:00

Lucike has a script called Prospector, which i believe will do what you are looking for. I believe the most up to date version can be found as part of his script collection

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=271491

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:14

MatthewLatham wrote:I like staying vanilla, but if there is no way to automate my miners in vanilla, I will consider a mod.
The bonus pack scripts are signed so you will stay vanilla and if you turn off training you won't have to pay the pilots (unless you want them to use JD or have more than 4 waypoints)

I have a mining operation that collects almost 5K units of silicon per hour this way.

16 Demeter Miners (miners) collecting rocks (pre-broken and marked by a nav sat)
4 Super Freighters (collectors) collecting silicon from 4 miners each (CLS2)
1 Super Freighter (deliverer) collecting from the 4 collectors and delivering to Complex using Jump Drive

That way I need only 1 paid pilot (not that it's a money thing, I don't want them wondering off to get drones etc).

I am now scaling this up, I have a TL acting as a buffer between the collectors and the deliverer, I will add more miners and collectors over time.

Sounds complicated but once you set it up you can forget about ever having to tow a silicon/ore mine ever again and you're not tied to a sector with the right 'roid. You could start with just 5 ships initially, 4 miners and 1 deliverer, 5,000 units/hr is far more than most complexes need.

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:24

5000 Wafers per in-game hour? Where are you mining?

That's a number you get with mines in Ore Belt, but nowhere else in one sector....

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:28

cheeseburger wrote:Can't you just build a mine and supply via complex or CLS MK1? I won't use mobile mining for own station supply...
One advantage of using mobile mining is that you don't need to supply energy..... or mobile mining is a way of reducing the energy costs of a complex.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

MatthewLatham

Post by MatthewLatham » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:34

@Legionnaire
There's a lot there I don't want. Would there be a lot to disable if I just wanted the Prospector?... Or would it even be possible to disable the other stuff?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:51

cheeseburger wrote:5000 Wafers per in-game hour? Where are you mining?

That's a number you get with mines in Ore Belt, but nowhere else in one sector....
There's no reliable way of measuring but I used the count-down on the plot mission screen over a 6 minute period on 10x SETA and around 4800 units of silicon were delivered in that time after a flow had been established, granted going for longer and dividing might have been more accurate but I don't like running SETA for too long.

This is in the US next to unholy descent, I broke up a good number of silicon rocks to make sure and then sent the miners in (okay they're not really miners, just rock collectors). For this stage of the hub plot I also sent in a convoy of 10 CLS2 freighters to avoid a backlog.

That operation is now providing all silicon needs for a chip complex with 30 chip fabs and 7 crystal fabs with excess silicon building up so I'm going to build a ctystal making complex to the south of the mining operation.

I have no idea what is good/bad when it comes to mobile mining but I do know that I've been able to turn off 9 Silicon Mine L in that complex and have spare silicon.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:53

the nice thing about Lucike's Script collection, is everything is indivdually installed, so you only need to install prospector and the libraries, from their own zips. they also come with uninstall files for if you decide you dont like them. make sure to make a backup of your saves first just in case you decide you want to go back to vanilla, then uninstall the scripts, and replace the saves with the ones from before you install the scripts.
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 06:48

Plus even if you install all of Lucike's Script Collection, there's nothing that says you have to use the pieces you don't like.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MatthewLatham

Post by MatthewLatham » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:06

That sounds good. Thanks guys!

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 17:14

An alternative for players who wish to remain "Vanilla" & don't mind using one or more extra TSes is to install the bonus pack & use CLS2 ships to gather the collected minerals from the mining ships & return them to the stations needing them.

I would note that Lucike did actually write the bonus pack CAG & CLS scripts, but the bonus pack versions don't require his core library scripts, & don't interfere with Steam achievements or stat uploads.

MatthewLatham

Post by MatthewLatham » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 01:12

I found a way to do it without remote mining by using a mine in-system.

Here is a complex build I am using:
Chip Plant (s) x1
Crystal Fab M x2
Cahoona Bakery L x1
Cattle Ranch L x1
Solar Power Plant M x1 (150% suns)
Silicon Mine L x1 (40 yield)

I also have a Computer Plant (s) x1, but I have my doubts that it will be self-suficient with this running. I'll shut it down if it drains the complex.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 01:15

I completely assumed you knew you could build a mine on an asteroid. Been playing this game for so long I've taken it for granted.
Glad you found a solution that works for you :)

vtecem
x4

Post by vtecem » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 16:07

MatthewLatham wrote:I also have a Computer Plant (s) x1, but I have my doubts that it will be self-suficient with this running. I'll shut it down if it drains the complex.
In case you don't already know about the complex calculators out there, here is one. With this you can find out if the complex is self sufficient before you ever purchase a fab.

http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”