Locking up on unfocussed jump (Vanilla X3TC - 3.1/steam)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

project_mercy
x4

Locking up on unfocussed jump (Vanilla X3TC - 3.1/steam)

Post by project_mercy » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 09:07

So, I'm playing a completely vanilla copy of X3TC 3.1 (My disk crashed, so I had to reinstall). I've completed the initial terran plot (up to unlocking the place..) and the goner plot (clearly). I've started "A New Home" and got to the point where I need to use the unfocussed drive. I previously haven't used it at all. I've flown through all the sectors I could currently unlock already, and made hundreds of normal jumps without issue. When I attempt an unfocused jump anywhere near Freedom's Reach it locks. Sometimes right after the swirl of the warp tunnel (I have tunnels turned off), sometimes I see the start of the system and hear the "Entering System".. and it just locks there and repeats the "Entering System.." sound over and over again. The only time it hasn't locked is when the drive flaked and ported me across the map. I'm flying a Zepherus TM with a Mamba M3 loaded inside for support.

I can't imagine it's something I've done, given the fact it's completely vanilla. Anyone have suggestions on how I can get past this without making my game *MODIFIED* ?

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:19

Game freezing after UFJ has been reported numerous times before by people running 64 bit Windows 7. Here is the last similar report:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299949

If this is your case, just run the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. If not, please provide the information requested in the very first thread in this forum.
Last edited by ivak on Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 11:21

Since you didn't give any of the necessary supporting info (first Announcement on this forum) I will have to guess. IF you are using Win7 x64 OS then run the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode as Win7 x64 has had some issues with the UFJD on some Players' systems.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ivak.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

project_mercy
x4

Post by project_mercy » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 19:33

Ah, I apologize for not giving the full info. Your suppositions are correct. Thank you for the timely reply and I'll try that out.

It's odd though, This is probably my 4th or 5th time through the game and I never had issues before. Maybe I just got lucky.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”