Unfocused jump script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

supergulo

Unfocused jump script?

Post by supergulo » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 02:01

Is there any script that when run allows me to do an unfocused jump?
My game is getting buggy due to some scripts, and now the jumpdrive disspears from any ship I get in, and I'm trying to do the Aldrin mission where I need to go to a UJ sector...
Any idea if there is a solution to this? I have no idea which script is, nor have any saves from before the glitch start...
It should be too hard to make such a script... right?
Thanks in advance.
-Another day, another ball of fire rising in the sky. The Naked City narration.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 16:15

Focus on solving the bugs rather than looking for more Teladi-quality duct tape. What else might be breaking that you have not noticed yet?

You -- like every user of S&M -- should know what content you have added and what it does. Knowing dirty details should help in hunting down the rogues.

supergulo

Post by supergulo » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 16:51

If I manage to erase the damaging script, the game will get good again? Simple as that? I thought once damaged, it was either restart or deal with...

Edit1: No, erased ALL non-original scripts from the game files, and the problem continues...

Edit2: Well... I give up... unistalled the game, erased EVERYTHING game related minus the saves, and re-installed... jumpdrive still vanishes as soon as bought...

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Thu, 16. Jun 11, 06:09

The problem script is probably still running in your saved game, even though the script file is now gone. This will probably cause a crash at some point when another ghost script tries to call that one. If you jacked up your game that badly, then you really need to just start over entirely and cheat your old stuff back. That save is ruined.

supergulo

Post by supergulo » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 02:24

... Fine... a pain, but what to do... I was ready to cope with the accident of me killing a plot ship, but this is too much...
Just a question though... since I DO refuse to claw my way back to fortune, I would like to use some safe scripts...
I have one that is the most useful one (I killed that plot ship with it :P)
It is a cheat menu, I believe the script was named "cheat:command console" on the list... it is from... Cycrow... would any of you know of it? And if so, is it safe?
Sorry for the annoyance...

Edit: Oh, found that script, I meant this one: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691
Last edited by supergulo on Thu, 23. Jun 11, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

supergulo

Post by supergulo » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 05:31

Sorry if this counts as necroing already, but wanted to state that I DID restarted my game, new set of mods, the only recurring one being the above mentioned one, and same thing happened again, at the same moment (thankfully I saved, feeling something was going to go wrong)
It's the #efaa ship... after it takes control of my ship and jumps us into Freedom's Reach, the jumpdrive vanishes, and refuses to be installed again... I find this annoying, a plot mission initiating a glitch? Even with scripts... and no script I have change those missions...
Oh well, just wanted to tell you guys that.
Just a little question, since doing that mission kills my jumpdrive, I'm holding it off for after I do the Aldrin expansion ones, which involves using the UJD (at least the first mission does) so I want to know, does the Balance of Power require any unfoccused jumps? I can get to disconnected ones with that Cycrow's script to teleport, but the unfoccused jumps are not available.
Once I finish any other plot mission requiring that, then I will go to the ANH plot again...

AND now I will shut up :P

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”