Feedback on X series evolution (Played X since XBTF)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PavelKrupets
x3

Feedback on X series evolution (Played X since XBTF)

Post by PavelKrupets » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 20:07

IMHO.

I hope X Rebirth will change this but game becomes more and more Excel like with less and less soul. Played X3TC 2 days in a row and feel a kind of empty. Don't really care about my ship (it's just a set of numbers). Not sure I care much about universe around me.

Not sure how to change this. Maybe a bit more graphics (like when you arm/load/fix/etc your ships).

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:07

There are less vids in the game now than there used to be .
But if you look back over the years,many players ask how to disable the clips , so I am not really surprised.

To feel immersed in TC , I think you have to create a character for yourself , with certain objectives , goals or restrictions .

Especially this is so if you have done all the plots at least once . And there are quite a few plots now in Version 3.1 .

There well over 200 sectors now when all plots are completed .

There are two economies to save , if you want everything the game can offer .

Sometimes though , players reach a plateau in game play and need to take a break from the game for a while , maybe a week or so , and then come back to it trying a more challenging game start.

EliteMikko
x4

Post by EliteMikko » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:07

Naah, it's always a kick to get a new ship, even a bit better. Before you have fought your way up to TL you need to play quite a lot. Then you start working more on factories, which is also a challenge and needs thinking. It only gets boring when you have armada of ships and more factory complexes than you have fingers in single hand. Then its becoming hard to find new sensible challenges. When it happens, put x game aside for a few months, try some other game and get a new start in this. I didn't play the game x3tc for a year and boy it was fun to start again!
Why, oh god why?
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Olympus99
x3tc

Post by Olympus99 » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:13

I didn't play the game x3tc for a year and boy it was fun to start again!

Couldn't agree more - I did the same and then deleted all my old saved games and started from scratch.

Just finished The Hub - Brilliant but sometimes tedious mission - but worth it in the end.

PavelKrupets
x3

Post by PavelKrupets » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:16

I am not talking about videos. I am not a huge fan ot those myself (they usually break the rythm, especially when you just want to get into a fight). If you look at interface it's like menus which open windows which contain numbers. That's it.

I was thinking for instance if you want to equip your ship it opens a window with ship drawn there. And you place shileds/weapons into spots (can be more shileds up front or more at the back, etc).

When you docked, you can see some guys walking around hauling containers.

Like old good days of X-Com/etc. When I used to care for every character in the game. :)

I like the game and wanted to invite friends to play it but nobody really picked it up. :(

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 21:48

I like the game and wanted to invite friends to play it but nobody really picked it up.
I have much the same problem.

These games appeal to certain groups of players who like to think their way through a game that lasts.

Most gamers just like to blast their way through a game that can be finished within a few hours.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 22:50

So you're saying the game lacks immersion? I must say, the huge scope of things you can do make it, for me, the second most immersive game I've played. (No prizes for guessing the first.)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

STL_fpagsc
x3tc

Post by STL_fpagsc » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 23:17

I played only Reunion and TC but I have to say Reunion was a bit more alive and I really miss thes from the storyline. I just wish the Rebirth has the whole game plays as a storyline like if the storyline is continues, changes while you play.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 11:44

I completely understand what the OP is saying but I think from some of the hints given about X:R Egosoft have noticed this issue and are trying to improve this aspect of the game.

It is great having lots of things to do but it is good to feel a solid connection with the game you are playing. As a simulation it can leave you feeling a bit cold and remote interaction wise.

There is soon little point in just asking where the nearest shipyard is.

Sure you interact with ships and equipment and lots of really ahem - exciting - information well I hope you can see my point.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Post by Guest » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 12:37

EmperorJon wrote:the second most immersive game I've played. (No prizes for guessing the first.)
Amnesia?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”