TC Terran Economy Question (GOD)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Viczzz

TC Terran Economy Question (GOD)

Post by Viczzz » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 05:10

Doing the Balance of Power mission, I'm thinking I'll be getting into Terran ships and weapons more.
I've read that GOD cripples the Terran economy.
Any way to prevent this?
I saw one fellow suggested docking a ship at each station because GOD
won't erase those with a player shipped docked.
I would prefer a simple trading solution.
Is there a good "simple" - no complexes - solution to keeping the economy decently up and running?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 07:58

Put a bunch of Local Traders going in Terran space--no idea how many you'll need, though.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 10:12

SPP in each sector that has none.

Food factories are also good.
There are a selection of these at the shipyard in TUS 1.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 10:14

One player found that the dock ship to station is only a temporary trick.
You then have to make the station a viable concern,otherwise GoD will still take them.

Not tested this myself though.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 11:57

Yeah, that happens, but it'll buy some time.

I use TL's sitting in space and supplied by fast TL's like Elephants and Ryu's. Then CLS2 ships haul energy to the various factories in sector.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 15:30

Without your intervention, GoD absolutely devastates the Terran economy. In my existing game, I started putting in dedicated sector traders about day 11. Many sectors which start with 6 & 7 stations were reduced to just 2 or 3. Much longer and I imagine all that would have been left would be EDs & Shipyards & plot stations.

I have about 20 sector traders on 1-3 jumps within the Terran sectors. A mixture of Mistrals, Mistral Superfreighters and Springblossoms which are tasked to trade upto 3 sectors from Aldrin - having completed the Aldrin expansion.

The economy is coming back - very very slowly. I have a megplex in TUS1 or 2 which produces every missile and weapon that the SY sells factories for plus surplus crystals, carbocake, protein paste & MREs. Probably more stations in that complex than the entire rest of the remaining Terran economy combined, excluding Aldrin. Hopefully it will bring things back to life.

eldyranx3
xr

Re: TC Terran Economy Question (GOD)

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 21:20

Viczzz wrote:Is there a good "simple" - no complexes - solution to keeping the economy decently up and running?
If you don't mind modding your game, Project Loki of the TRP turns all currently existing Terran stations invincible, tricking GoD into not removing them. It works best during a new game start though, and BoP takes a while to get to.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 21:50

yeah, I just built two food factories in Jupiter and the NPC traders are going absolutely nuts to get to them.
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 22:05

That's a good choice, one in venus/Neptune should work wonders as well. Also add additional local traders in various keysectors, with a few sectors jumprange. This is to assist the NPC traders who can sometimes hang themselves up on long-range ice/watertransport, making them unavaible to trade for a long time.

Viczzz

Post by Viczzz » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 04:45

Thanks guys. I'll use your suggestions.
I noticed the 5-6 sector traders I assigned up there have started working.
They were on standby a looong time.
Also seems some of my UT's coming in, but not sure.
One thing, the first UT activity I saw in Terran space was while doing the station hacking mission where you land 10 marines in a Scabbard.
Unknown sector off Oort Cloud.
While I'm fighting umpteen reds, my Mistral UT's start coming through the gate. Of course they got destroyed. Reloaded, and sent them away
as soon as they appeared.

I better make sure the sectors are fully mapped.
Noticed when I mapped Aldrin and got the Food and Habitat stations on the map, there was suddenly a flood of UT's coming in.

Terry Duncan1
x3tc

Post by Terry Duncan1 » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 05:37

I have found parking a Rapier at each of the weapons factories and other you need keeps them there until you can get enough traders to keep the economy going. I have heard this doesnt always work, so when I remember I send the Rapier at each factory to collect some energy cells and sell them to the factory it started from. This simple transaction seems to have put off any station loss for me as in four Terran starts I have yet to lose a weapons factory in 20-30 days play on each game, by which time I have the Aldrin shipyard to build much of what is needed in large numbers.

As a basic Rapier is under 50k, and the few energy cells I trade in this way do not come to more than 1k per station, it seems a worthwhile gamble.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”