[X3TC] Asteroid respawn - complex construction

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Plasmaball

[X3TC] Asteroid respawn - complex construction

Post by Plasmaball » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 12:15

I'm moving from Reunion to TC and trying to plan a complex beforehand, so I'd like to know if my idea will work with the game before I waste insane amounts of time on it :)

The plan is to build a very large complex in Savage Spur. I want to build a lot of mines and them tow them to specific places, to keep the sector tidy and prettily organized (then of course build lots of stations nicely aligned and pretty).

There might be a problem if I won't be able to keep asteroids from respawning. Bunny says that in Reunion you can prevent that. Will it work in TC? I want to get rid of low yield asteroids completely.

Also, if I blow up a mine like that, will it leave a station wreck behind?

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 13:13

Before I built a big Ore complex in Savage Spur, using all Ore/Silicon roids bigger than yield 8, I destroyed all the numerous yield 0-5 roid present there (mine on it, autodestruct).
This way they don't respawn. The station wrecks stay for a while though (1 game day?, 2?).
The roids are very near from each other in this sector. imo it would be an horrible headache to try to tow them.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 15:32

They can be towed, it just takes patience.

Me, I use ALL the asteroids in a sector, no matter how low the yield. But I'm obsessive like that. :D
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 17:12

Why destroy them permanently? Can't you just nuke them, and let them re-spawn once you've built your complex? I would think the collision detection systems would prevent them re-spawning overlapping your stations...

Or is it that you want them out the way for towing? I would not have the patience to wait a couple of days to complete a complex build, whilst waiting for the debris to disappear...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Jun 11, 23:13

Yes can all be towed.
I found external view aided me in towing,as I could better see how near I was to each asteroid .

Sometimes you have to tow in a different direction to where you want to take it,especially if you are being picky about which one to move.

Plasmaball

Post by Plasmaball » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 08:55

perkint wrote:Why destroy them permanently? Can't you just nuke them, and let them re-spawn once you've built your complex? I would think the collision detection systems would prevent them re-spawning overlapping your stations...

Or is it that you want them out the way for towing? I would not have the patience to wait a couple of days to complete a complex build, whilst waiting for the debris to disappear...

Tim
It's more of an aesthetics thing. I'd be annoyed if I cleaned up the sector only to have everything respawn again.

I might try the Asteroid Fusion script to reduce the towing.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”