Is it possible to put hangar bays on an M7 that doesnt have any?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BiancoAngelo7
x3tc

Is it possible to put hangar bays on an M7 that doesnt have any?

Post by BiancoAngelo7 » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 07:41

Title says my question.

Im curious if theres a way to put a small hangar bay on any M7 such as an ATF Aegir etc.

I know that usually you need lots of space for hangars, but frigates really are big enough to have a small one door in / out hangar bay for one or two fighters.

While its not a big deal cuz they can have docking outside, it would look and feel really cool if I could dock my fighter on the inside of my frigate. (when I get one) :P

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 08:30

Actually there is the Argon M7 Cerberus and the Split M7 Panther wich have hangar bays. So if you can handle some modelling program and learn a bit of modding I think it should be possible to add internal hangars to any M7.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 12:56

It is possible but not easy.

Have a look at some of the Modding threads out there and you can get an idea of what you would need to know and also the software tools required to complete the task.

Before starting anything though try looking HERE
Still life in the old dog yet...

BiancoAngelo7
x3tc

Post by BiancoAngelo7 » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 06:53

Thanks for all the replies.

Although, Im not really free atm because of work, is there anyone that might feel like making my day and adding a single in/out hangar bay on the ATF Aegir?

Pretty pretty pleeeeease?

:)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 07:06

This sort of does that. It gives all capital ships one or two external docking slots for fighters/corvettes/transports. It doesn't give ships internal hangars if they don't already have them, though.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”