Where are the Tractor beam factories?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

heratik
x3tc

Where are the Tractor beam factories?

Post by heratik » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 22:27

I am frantically looking for the Tractor beam fabs in Third Redemption, and can't find them.

Are they tucked way out of the way or has GoD probably removed them?
Last edited by heratik on Fri, 24. Jun 11, 11:43, edited 2 times in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 22:44

If you can't find em, and see no debris nor any stations in the distance. Then it isn't there.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 22:50

Damn, does that mean I have to be nice to the Paranid :D

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 22:55

The Paranid hide the fabs that make the tractor beams. If your rep is good with them they will give you a mission to built one for them,Either in their sectors or Argon space.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 22:58

heratik wrote:Damn, does that mean I have to be nice to the Paranid :D
You don't. I kept paranids at lowest ranks through most of the game except certain step of Hub where you have to dock on their station. Just add Tractor Bean to your hub, EQ, or trading station, set price to the highest and eventually you'll get some if those factories are still present.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 23:07

All the above...otherwise you can only get them by buying a TB factory from the Shipyard there...if they will let you. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 23:10

If you're playing v3.1, those TB fabs will come back, eventually. I've had them destroyed by enemy action in my recent games, and they reappeared a few game days later, most likely via the Paranid Hercules in that sector visiting the local shipyard. However, if you're playing an older patch, they may have been removed by GoD, in which case they're gone for good.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

nitro2500
x3tc

Post by nitro2500 » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 08:50

I'll be getting my 15 million dollar tractor beam soon. I ended up buying a factory.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 10:08

nitro2500 wrote:I'll be getting my 15 million dollar tractor beam soon. I ended up buying a factory.
Looks like I'll have to do that too :(

I haven't even got enough rep to buy a fact off them yet. Oh well, there go my plans, I intended to cap an Aggy in the next few days but I'll have to postpone that :lol:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 10:41

Alternately, you can keep an eye on the local Hercules, and with a bit of luck you can steal the Herc an the TB fab it hauls out to replace the destroyed ones.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 11:39

Triaxx2 wrote:Alternately, you can keep an eye on the local Hercules, and with a bit of luck you can steal the Herc an the TB fab it hauls out to replace the destroyed ones.
That is an option, but I fear that they were removed by God rather than destroyed...

...so I guess they wouldn't be rebuilt by NPCs?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 18:48

heratik wrote:
Triaxx2 wrote:Alternately, you can keep an eye on the local Hercules, and with a bit of luck you can steal the Herc an the TB fab it hauls out to replace the destroyed ones.
That is an option, but I fear that they were removed by God rather than destroyed....
Like I said, if you're playing v3.1**, GoD won't remove them. They were made 'special' for that very reason. Without someplace to buy those tractor beams, which there isn't in vanilla TC, GoD used to remove them very quickly. But one of the latest patches changed that. I'm 13 game days into one of my games, and both TB factories are still there, although they've been replaced a couple of times due to enemy action. Just have patience.

**If you're not playing v3.1, why the heck not??!! :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 19:15

Thanks Nanook, someway, somehow when I first read your post I took it the other way round ie if you have 3.1 they are gone for good....

....must remember to sleep occasionally :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”