Deploy Satellite Network question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Deploy Satellite Network question

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 23:21

So as I understand it, this command results in a automatically going from sector to sector dropping off satellites, and purchasing satellites when they run out in order to continue their duties. My question is, if there is a hostile sector in between the ship dropping satellites and the sector it wants to drop satellites in, will it merrily try to cross the hostile sector in order to lay down a satellite? I am hesitant to start this command if I know my ships will blindly commit suicide in a Xenon sector this way.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 23:46

I'm guessing yes, but if you start the ship in a safe sector (I'm thinking Kingdom End) it will take it a very long time to reach hostile space.

It also helps to use very, very cheap ships for this task. They're bound to get killed by almost anything out there, not just the Xenon.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

calmterror
x3tc

Post by calmterror » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 00:38

Another question is how far do they lay satellites from where you start them?
I dont think i have seen them move more then 5 sectors.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 00:49

Take a look at the "Explorer Command Extension" from ThisIsHarsh. In it, you can blacklist sectors and explorers won't linger in enemy sectors.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 03:24

Sounds nice, but I'm not gonna install any scripts or whatnot that will result in the modified tag. I've been doing Dead is Dead mode (Steam version) for a while now, and want to got those campaign achievments!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 11:02

Yes they will cross hostile sectors. However as pointed out the best way to combat this is use cheap ships. And fast ships. A tuned up kestrel will be able to buzz thru a xenon sector without dying 99% of the time.
About the only exception that I have found is them going into Yaki space if you are not friends with them. It's almost always fatal, and usually how most of my sat layers finally bite the bullet...
The reason they stop so soon, is that they run out of satelites and cant find any to buy anywhere. A decent CLS re-supply set up usually sorts that out.

xanosdarkpaw
x3tc

Post by xanosdarkpaw » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 12:48

I use a kestrel for this.

The damn thing is so fast its dropping of sats in xenon sectors and is out again before they even react..

PLX

Post by PLX » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 13:20

One more for Kestrels. And I don't care about Xenon sectors, really. I haven't started Terran campaign yet in my main game, so it is restricted Terran space where almost all of my satellite deployment ships eventually come, meet ATF patrols and die horrible. Yes, they easily manage to get there thru Xenon sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”