Game time out / Repair tool

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pablodalk
x2

Game time out / Repair tool

Post by pablodalk » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 13:58

I needed to repair my captured Brigantine from 31% hull damage so i got in my suit and used the repair laser. This was obviously going to take some time so I wedge the fire key and left it running (over night). I woke up to find my self back at the menu. Now either I had been killed (I was in Legend's Home) or the game has some sort of time out.

Any 1 know if the game has a time out?

Also, I see there’s a repair laser. Can I get an AI controlled ship to use this? If so I’ll just play the game and let it get repaired over time.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 13:59

Oh, yes. Spacesuits has a limited (2hrs) air tank only :-)

The repair laser is a personal use only tool in vanilla.

heratik
x3tc

Re: Game time out / Repair tool

Post by heratik » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 14:02

pablodalk wrote:
Also, I see there’s a repair laser. Can I get an AI controlled ship to use this? If so I’ll just play the game and let it get repaired over time.
From what I have read, although ships have a slot for it, unless you mod it, it is not available...

I am in the same position, I have a Brigantine and a Galleon in need of repairs, and cant justify the 50m+ each it cost for repairs at a shipyard.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to capture another one of each and be a bit more careful this time :D

pablodalk
x2

Post by pablodalk » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 14:14

lol, so i ran out of air :D

ok, 2hours, ill just set it going and watch a film.... or 2 or 3!

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 14:24

Look up the 'SETA repair' :wink:

Ps.: Heratik is right, it's faster to board a second ship to cover the repair cost of the first one than any personal repair method :-)

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 14:39

Rive wrote:
Ps.: Heratik is right, it's faster to board a second ship to cover the repair cost of the first one than any personal repair method :-)
And you could net yourself another capital ship full of IBL/PPC too!

Although, the reason my Galleon is so low is because I was greedy and reloaded for the cargo bay full of weapons, even though this left it unshielded whilst its fighter wing ejected and promptly attacked it before I could clean them all up.

Next time I take a Galleon I will take the reload that gives me shields, because that way, at the point you gain control, whatever shields it has regained while your marines have been clearing out the decks (about 15-20% probably) will remain intact, giving you enough time to deal with its fighter wing before they decimate its hull.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 14:39

Are you playing a modified game or Vanilla?

If Modified then try here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221116

If you are playing vanilla then
Spoiler
Show
Simply get your ship to eject it's SETA software and run over it in your space suit, this allows you to run the repair under SETA time.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”