X3tc: Hyperion Vanguard - Replaces My Weapon Loadout Sporadically

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Obsolescence

X3tc: Hyperion Vanguard - Replaces My Weapon Loadout Sporadically

Post by Obsolescence » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:16

I'm not sure if the ghost of my Hyperion Vanguard's former owner is haunting my ship or what, but for some reason my ship will randomly uninstall 3/4ths of my weapons, and sometimes reinstall different weapons.

I have no idea how or why this is occurring, if anyone requires more information I'll gladly post whatever is requested. Also, I can't seem to adjust the EBC ammo autobuy feature. It remains set and locked at 405 EBC ammo.

Is there a setting or something I might be missing? How / why is my ship changing it's own weapons?

NOTE: Only the turret weapons change, the main guns seem entirely unaffected.

Thanks for the help in advance! :D

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:24

Turn off the turrets and reissue the turret command.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Obsolescence

Post by Obsolescence » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:31

Thanks! That appears to have worked for the turrets, but what about the 405 EBC ammo auto supply? It is still set and locked.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:37

This was a known issue in early game versions, have you patched your game to the latest version?

Obsolescence

Post by Obsolescence » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:57

I'm currently running through steam (auto-updates right?). Listed version is 3.1

Thoughts :?:

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 23:02

Obsolescence wrote:I'm currently running through steam (auto-updates right?). Listed version is 3.1

Thoughts :?:
Sorry, it may have been the missiles that was fixed as they would also be locked at set amounts. But sometimes AI controlled ships sometimes get stuck with their original setup once you capture them. Don't think there is any solution to the problem, if it's a real problem you may need to capture another one and hope that one doesn't have any ghosts left behind.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”