Khaak are messin' wit' ma patrol

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

beckoner

Khaak are messin' wit' ma patrol

Post by beckoner » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 16:47

On my current save, in Heretics End, flying M3+, and the next Terran Mission is the 3 Rapier Wing patrol bit...

My Problem : Circle of Labour had a Khaak M1, M2 in addition to the expected Xenon... How on earth am I expected to get rid of them?

(other than not taking the mission, going away and making lots of money & buy big ship to kick their great big purple behinds..)

Olyphant
x3tc

Post by Olyphant » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 16:52

You've pretty much got the solution there

b) not sure how effective this would be but can an m8 take out a khaak capital i know there pretty nifty with lazor beams which is cheaper than what you've suggested

c) wait for ages for a cap to pass through and lure the khaak to em

you might as well go for d)

start another plot, you have goner plot start very near

hopefully the khaak will be gone by the time your done :)

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 17:21

I just waited for the Argon to send a force to deal with them... About 8 game hours after they arrived. The Terran wing men won't be killded so you can leave them there until it is safe for you.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 19:17

I'll also suggest the M8 route.

Just go off and do a bunch of missions until you can afford a bomber; if you do a lot of station defense missions you might get lucky and catch one instead.

Then load it with Tomahawks and throw them at the destroyer. You might want to send some Wasp/Poltergeist missiles along with them to make sure the torpedoes actually hit their target; KM2's are remarkably good at shooting down missiles.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 01:01

alternativly you could just cheat it out,thats what i do sometimes if im on a plot and something like this happens i just cheat it out :)
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 02:54

Do you have a big TL?

Load it with a couple of cheap stations & drop the builds on the capitals. If you're careful you can select the correct stations to make a decent profit (at a guess wheat farms, but YMMV)

Or you can just wait until the baddies go away..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

garv222

Post by garv222 » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 05:48

Snafu_X3 wrote:Do you have a big TL?

Load it with a couple of cheap stations & drop the builds on the capitals. If you're careful you can select the correct stations to make a decent profit (at a guess wheat farms, but YMMV)

Or you can just wait until the baddies go away..
I suppose you don't even need to buy the TL...renting one should do. Wheat farms are the most deadly projectiles in X3 that I know off.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 12:57

If for no reason other than that Heretic's End is Terran space.

Why? Because Space Fuel isn't illegal there. :D
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”