Secret Goner Hideout!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Secret Goner Hideout!

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 13:44

So there I was, travelling across the universe, passing by my Teladi friends in my eternal quest for buildingmissions.
Was checking out lightbulb stations in Teladi space for hidden buildingmissions when I stumbled upon a voice I don't connect with *Profitssssss* but more with *Have you heared the good news!* I quickly checked it again, and yeps, there was not only a Goner aboard this station, but it was a Goner station itself!
I quickly realized this has to be an original Goner station, as it was a mine (can't build mines as a buildmission)

When I delved into it deeper I discovered this:
The Goners have two mines in Company Strength (Teladi sector in the SouthWest part of the universe) They operate a L Ore Mine and a M Silicon Mine. They also have a Teladianium facility in Bright Profit (sector south of it) The Teladianium one could be from a buildmission, so not sure if it's originally there, or build by me for the goners when I wasn't paying attention to the assigner.

Screenshot:
Goner Mines in teladi Space
Note: only Goner installations start with a G

My question, do Goners have more of these remote stations they own outside their own sector? I can't verify as I build so many stations I wouldn't know wether it was originally there, or I build it for a Goner. Mines are pretty obvious as you can't build those for NPC's

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 13:53

Unmodified? If so, this is odd.

EDIT: Ah, aren't these added at part of the Goner plot? Not sure, but it takes place in these sectors...
If not, have you got the new steam DLC?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 14:04

Unmodified yes, and don't have the Steam DLC yet. I do have the Steam Update (3.1.1, maybe that adds the Goner tag? in preparation for the plot?) I'm very sure the Oremine has always been there, as I remember there being two different kind of mines since I discovered it.

Been thinking it could be part of some plot, but haven't interacted with these stations so far outside regular missions. Goner plot in this neightbourhood takes you to Merchant Heaven & Grand Exchange (no Goner stations here tho)

Part of why I posted about it is to see if these stations are also present at others, and figuring out why these are Goner instead of Teladi. Teladi don'ts eem the type to me to sell out their mining rights to some religious organisation (unless they offered tons of credits, but that's something I don't see the Goners doing)

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 14:51

i think i had them during the gonner plot around the save gonner bods in the gonner M6
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

calmterror
x3tc

Post by calmterror » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 15:10

they are from the goner plot, there is like 4 or 5 station Goner's stations around those teladi sectors

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 15:43

this is really interesting. i just looked and sure enough, there they are. i have the goner stations in company strength. i'm guessing they must be from the goner plot. i did that so long ago, i'm surprised those stations are still there.
-NavyAICS.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 16:41

Don't you remember the part of goner plot where you have to defend the goner stations from syndicate pirates? These are the stations.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 16:47

I've never played that bit TBH. Every time I do I just get message spam about "DEFEND OUR SHIPS. WHY AREN'T YOU! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!" "Woah calm down dude, I was told to about 3 seconds ago, I'm on my wa-" "Thanks for the help" *next mission*

o_O

But I just go with it. XD

I think I probably have played it several times, I mean I did think that this was where they came from after all.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 19:26

nponoBegHuk wrote:Don't you remember the part of goner plot where you have to defend the goner stations from syndicate pirates? These are the stations.
Oh, that explains it. I remember the messages of *we're under attack, help us!* Never managed to find out where the attack happened on time, as I got greeted with a *You did a good job* leaving me clueless to what was happening (guess sectorpatrols offed them).

Big thanks everyone for solving this mystery!

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 20:55

I did that bit last night. Got to two attacks, both were by slow moving M8's (a Gladiator and the Split one I cant remember the name of). I got a crate of 10 Tomahawks out of the Split I killed and nothing from the Gladiator.

I tried to cap them but they wouldnt bail.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 22:47

If the stations remain in the game after the plot,then trading with them will raise your Goner Rep.

Not sure that high rep with them amounts to anything,though, except bragging rights.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”