Yaki - Reverse Rep?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

David Howland
x3tc

Yaki - Reverse Rep?

Post by David Howland » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 12:36

Last year I decided having failed to improve relations with pirates, I would try the Yaki. Final aim would be getting access to IBLs in Weavers Tempest, I already had a complex and Eq dock in S. Spur.
I built complexes, producing all the stuff required by the W.Tempest IBL plants, in Ok. St. and Sen. Bad. I hacked my way into the Shipyard and did lots of missions but as I did missions the Yaki became more hostile and my ships lost access to the shipyard, thankfully I kept ships parked there so I kept purchase rights there.
As the locals got more agressive I confined my surviving ships to their complexes left the area myself.
After six months I was revisiting Sen Bad. and I noticed the locals were not agressive and I had regained access to the Shipyard. I went into Weavers T. and the yaki ships were still hostile but for the first time I had access to IBL forges, not that they had any to sell me, my ships could not get in from Sen Bad. to supply them.
I built a Self Sustaining complex in W.T. to supply all needs with Chokaros and Spingys selling the goods. It did a great trade and I even purchased a few IBLs but the Shuri was destroying my chokaros so I went into yaki missions, big time. I did about 50 missions to try and improve my rep.
It was totally counter productive, not only did the W.T. Shuri destroy the rest of my chokaros but it sat at the hub and started destroying my springys. I confined the rest of my ships to the complex and they had turned hostile in Sen.Bad. and Ok.St. as well, I had again lost access to the Shipyard.
As a last response I have just built a second complex in W.T. at the other side of the sector to my first, to see if they produce a second Shuri to close down trade from both my complexes.
I am at loss what else I can do? Do I take another six month break from the area to see if that improves my rep. again? One thing is for certain, I am not trying a third round of Yaki missions!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 12:58

Sounds odd. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't check your combat missions.
Missions handed out there are from random sources, mostly Yaki, but sometimes others. When going for any mission involving combat, make sure it's not against the Yaki (only way to tell is by accepting the mission, and see who attacks). Destroying a swarm of yaki ships seriously shatters your rep with them. If it's a mission against Yaki, either fail it, let sectordefense take care of it (not really an option, Yaki won't attack Yaki) or use the jump missile trick (will be very tricky if it's required to shoot multiple ships)

Their rep slowly building up again with you can be explained by them trading with you.

on the IBL forges, these lie in a Core sector, wich needs a tad bit more rep before you're allowed to enter by the sectordefense (the Shuri). So it's perfectly normal to roam free in Oracoke Storm & Senator Badlands (Yaki bordersectors) but be shot at in Weaver's Tempest (Yaki Core sector). Savage Spur isn't mentioned as it's a neutral sector.

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks Starlight_corp.!

Post by David Howland » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 16:10

Thanks for the info Starlight,
No I did not take any anti Yaki missions, all the destroy missions were against Paranid, Boron and Pirates, so I had a lot of rep. repair work to do with the paranid and boron. Wherever I could I took non-violent missions so as you can imagine I had to turn many more down to get 50!
As to the point of this being odd, if this is not an intended characteristic of the Yaki then it must be a common fault in TC, as I have read many previous threads by players experiencing similar problems with Yaki rep.
The BANISHED RETURNS.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 17:08

:gruebel: I have never, ever seen this happen. Every mission increases Yaki rep, verified by the Script Editor which I used to check.

Must be one of those weird things which only happens in some games.

Do you have any ships with messed up IFFs? Might be worth rebroadcasting your global friend-foe relations to see if you have any rogue ships killing Yaki. Worth a shot, though you being an experienced player you've probably already checked. :)
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

David Howland
x3tc

Afraid So!

Post by David Howland » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 18:10

Yes it is one of the things I needed to keep under continuous review during the operation as my ships were under constant attack, ships and complexes needed frequent adjustment to friend/foe settings. It is not such a problem since my ships are now confined to base.
The BANISHED RETURNS.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 13:15

Alan Phipps noted this same issue probably at least a year ago where his Yaki (or was it pirate?) rep got 'stuck' at an obscene negative value. I can't remember how or if he managed to resolve it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 13:47

No it was Pirate rep and my self-imposed challenge was to get from worst possible (-999,999) to neutral with them. It failed because a few people had noticed something odd. While you can improve totally bad rep fairly quickly by doing lots of trades (illegal wares complexes with M5 traders in Pirate sectors work a treat) and while ensuring you don't attack Pirates anywhere, there is a block to further improvement once you get to about -150,000 where nothing you can do improves rep further. An example:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=280362

OK, all that said, nothing there explains why doing missions for Yaki would make rep with them even worse. I favour the idea of ships/LTs with misaligned friend/foe doing the damage somewhere else.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 14:22

I had something similar some time ago. In my case I improved the rep to the point that I could dock at their SY. But forgot that you need better rep to enter WT. So I had some hostiles ship that would not turn blue regardless of my rep. Also I think having any of your ships in their sectors why having hostile ship also degrades your rep. But I fould that you can appologise to these ships and they do turn back to blue. So maybe like me you have just got hostiles that were hostile before you improved your rep.

Heliore
x3tc

Post by Heliore » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 15:12

May have taken some fire and turned hostile. Have you commed to apologise to all the large ships (don't know if that will work on the Yaki). failing that, take out the Shuri with the AI ship missle launch+jump out exploit. Won't effect your rep and it may respawn on friendly terms.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 15:52

Heliore wrote:May have taken some fire and turned hostile. Have you commed to apologise to all the large ships (don't know if that will work on the Yaki). failing that, take out the Shuri with the AI ship missle launch+jump out exploit. Won't effect your rep and it may respawn on friendly terms.
It does work with the Yaki as I've done it myself. :)

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks All!

Post by David Howland » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 16:28

Thank you Everyone,
A few good ideas to try out, how effective they will be until Yaki station access is regained I do not know but saying sorry is worth a try any way. If saying sorry gets me nowhere I shall await the regain of station access before blowing up the Shuri.
I am sorry if I gave anyone the impression that the Yaki ships or stations were red to me, although their stations have blocked admission and their ships are attacking mine their colour has remained blue throughout. Turning 'hostile' was a reference to their actions not their scanner status.
If I have any success I will report back on how it was done!
The BANISHED RETURNS.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Re: Thanks All!

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 17:28

David Howland wrote:I am sorry if I gave anyone the impression that the Yaki ships or stations were red to me, although their stations have blocked admission and their ships are attacking mine their colour has remained blue throughout. Turning 'hostile' was a reference to their actions not their scanner status.
If I have any success I will report back on how it was done!
If they are blue but attacking your ships, probably means your ships have got Yaki set to foe. Or your 'Show as enemy' setting set to YES. Setting from Global settings doesn't always work if there are potential hostiles in a ships sector.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 17:45

I think you could best monitor your game and the Yaki rep if you activate the Script Editor.
1. Make a backup from your last Vanilla-Save somewhere else than in your Egosoft/save-folder
2. Activate Script Editor (change name to Thereshallbewings; select under Global Commands and select Option "show additional information")
3. Watch any Yaki Station or ship ingame and scroll down the "info-"menu and check the numbers of your player account.
4. Check if those numbers get worse (going down from the positive to the negative range)
5. If this is the case something in your game STILL ATTACKS/KILLS the Yaki.
6. Find out.
7. Re-load your Vanilla-Savegame and eliminate your "problem-makers" (not the Yaki ;)).

As this may be a difficult operation and as your Yaki-rep is already very bad, please consider to load one of your earlier saves when your rep with the Yaki was still intact. If the Yaki-rep is very low it may be a pain to re-rise it as the stations will not offer any more missions. You completely rely on the [rare] opportunities when Yaki offer Kill-missions in Commenwealth-space.

David Howland
x3tc

Answers!

Post by David Howland » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 21:40

SIMON,
This is not the case, I know this because until I confined my Traders to their complexes I was repeatedly checking the friend/foe status of my stations and ships in the region and occasionally having to reset them because they were being attacked. As to the 'Show as enemy' setting, I set this to No on all my ships except wingmen when they are new, but I have been rechecking this in this region, during operations. Thanks for the heads-up on the unreliability of the global settings button, I had not realised this, although in this situation I have had to check my ships and stations individually.

zazie,
Although I have never used the script editor it looks like I may have to resort to it. Could you let me know where I will find the activator for the script editor? I am a bit depressed you suggest I may have to do more missions for the Yaki, as the the previous two efforts doing these seemed to get me into this situation. It may help you understand my sensitivity to missions disasters, when I point out that I was the victim of the 'Locked out of Otas HQ.' thread, which was caused by me having a go at the Otas missions. Oh Well, here we go again!
The BANISHED RETURNS.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 22:22

David, if you are IS in a Yaki sector with a lot of your ships moving about trading (especially fast ones) then you might have some of your ships accidentally colliding with Yaki ships, stations and/or gates. That not only upsets the Yaki but can flip the friend/foe on your ships as it is seen as an attack in both directions.

By the way, the Global Settings transmission does not change your individual ships and stations 'enemy if enemy to me' settings.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

zazie
x4

Re: Answers!

Post by zazie » Wed, 6. Jul 11, 09:23

David Howland wrote:Could you let me know where I will find the activator for the script editor?
click!
btw: If I hear from your several problems within your actual game I'd like to suggest a fresh start (and a fresh install). You will find a lot of posts of experienced players stating that the first phase of the game (i.e. : you really have to struggle for bucks and rep) is the most challenging and therefore most interesting.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 01:32

My first question is are you running a vanilla game? If not, you may have a script/mod issue. That discussion will have to take place in S&M.

However, if your game is vanilla, then I'd have to go with zazie's suggestion and do a clean install and new start, because it sounds like your game has a problem of some sort that no one else has, including your OTAS issues. And a corrupt game will record itself in every save you have, so you'll have to dump all your old saves and start over.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 19:45

zazie,
Thank you for that, that is a very useful 'click'.

zazie & Nanook,
Thank you both for the very grave suggestion you both advocate. I take your experience and authority in the game so seriously that I must give you an explanation of why I will not immediately be following your advice.
While the difficult reactions I experienced from the corporations and Yaki may be puzzling and annoying and due to my games corruption, they are but a little local difficulty in my large Empire. This is my first game of TC and was meant to be played out in vanilla, to be followed by my next game which would probably be modified. I have much I still wish to do in my first game of TC., for instance I am half way though a 5 stage training program to develop my boarding abilities, my development of the Yaki region was a background exercise of little consequence in my total game. The assertion that I might find going back to a fresh game start challenging, might be true if I viewed TC as a mere shootem up, however I came to the X series after playing Elite and my si-fi entertainment has been, Dr Who, Lost In Space and Star Trek, NOT Star Wars. So no, I do not relish the prospect of going back to a poverty stricken start where I have to take on pirates with a pea shooter. So No, unless this possible software corruption causes my basic game mechanics to break down, I will regard my game as original, not broken! I will continue to explore a Universe no other X player has experienced, which is what most players in this complex game do anyway, but I am lucky in that my X Universe apparently, is a bit more different than most!
The BANISHED RETURNS.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”