Move asteroids?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

saco3
x4

Move asteroids?

Post by saco3 » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 16:32

Hi,

Is there a way to move asteroids close together in order for me to connect them as a complex of mines?

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 16:43

I found I couldn't move asteroids, but I could move them once I'd slapped a mine on. So put the mine on first, then move them closer to CCK them up.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Bridging gaps between mines.

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 16:49

saco3, you can put a mine on an asteroid, and then tow it. Many M6 ships can tow. Any ship that can mount a tractor beam.

It is actually much easier just to "bridge" any gaps. Pair a mine with a food or other station, then put the resulting hub in the direction you want to go. In many cases, a mine can pair with another mine. If the gap is very big, you can make a bridge with two food stations. I have not used a tractor beam for many months and many games, and I have done the HUB plot a number times, with monster complexes.

20 km is the magic number, for connection to a station. If you put the temporary complex on the diagonal, 14 up or down, then 14 right or left is close, or just watch it turn red when you go to far. I usually put the altitude at zero before I move it around, for my convenience.

Good Luck!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 17:55

so your saying that I should line up the station in away so that I can connect the mines?

am planning on making a large chip complex using deca's guide and from what I've seen in the screen that he put up all his mines were aliened together in a nice neat way.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 18:52

saco3 wrote:so your saying that I should line up the station in away so that I can connect the mines?
He is saying that building long chains is possible. An example.

But then again, towing a Mine should not be difficult in X3TC any more. Threads

\begin{pedantic}
A TS might be able to "mount" a Tractor Beam, but it cannot tow. Not enough weapon energy. So M6 (or bigger) is required for towing.
\end{pedantic}

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 19:30

saco3 wrote:so your saying that I should line up the station in away so that I can connect the mines?

am planning on making a large chip complex using deca's guide and from what I've seen in the screen that he put up all his mines were aliened together in a nice neat way.
Just use the tractor beam to drag them into the required position, pratice makes perfect. :wink: Also some ships like TS class ships can fit a tractor beam but can't use it, so stick to M6 or TL ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”