How long to build IBL's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

i64man
x3tc

How long to build IBL's?

Post by i64man » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 07:27

I am finally on friendly terms with the Yaki and have access to Weaver's Tempest. I have a transport each dock at both IBL Forges and have supply the stations with spaceweed and crystals, all other components are almost full.

My question is how long does it take to build the IBL's? I am doing missions and scouting for Flak arrays for my Tiger. I am running all over the place, jumping and running seta at max, still no movement on the completion of the IBL.

Any idea how long the wait?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 07:32

4 hours, 24 minutes per IBL.
*** modified ***

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 08:10

BTW, Crystals and Spaceweed are secondary resources and have no effect on the production of products from NPC stations. You can still make a profit selling them though :)

As for the primary resources: energy, space fuel & Ore, when you say almost full do you mean 80% full or 99% full, some products require almost all of a station's resources to make 1 product, not sure if this is the case with IBLs though.

Weavers Tempest can suffer from a lack of resources because NPC traders won't make it through and the space fuel distilleries there are usually desperate for wheat so you could build yourself a wheat farm if you have a ready supply of e-cells. Or do what I've done and build your own space fuel complex and make a nice profit feeding the forges directly and even bolt an ore mine onto it.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 11:48

I would say that the primary resources are at the 90% mark.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 12:04

The forge will consume roughly 32.5% of its resources per gun. Primaries, that is.

You'll just have to find something else to do... and check back after a while. Bonus - When it finally stalls, you'll make some more $ stocking it back up again!

Be patient! These are capital guns, after all.
*** modified ***

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 12:05

Should be okay

Just looked up the stats and although it says it needs Nostrop Oil rather than space fuel :? if you take the other figures as accurate then it uses 3,960/10,000 of energy and 660/1666 of Ore so it would seem that you are safe with at least 40% full on resources.

If you can afford a trading station or equipment dock (or start the Hub plot) then a CAG will take the guess work out of it for you, I've been force feeding all 3 IBL forges for a while now and have 64 stashed away for later and the best part is that I wait for the forge to fill so get them for rock bottom price :)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 12:19

That's for the "Teladi" IBL Forge. I think it's for if you acquire a forge of your own via hijacking a Ryu with one on board, but I'm not sure.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 12:23

I don't know what stage of the game you are at, who you plan on being allied with etc etc....

....but the best way to stock up on IBLs is to capture pirate ships, once you have capturing down to a fine art you can probably cap a couple of ships an hour, with a possibility of 8-14 IBL per ship if you are patient with reloads.

I have 2 capital ships and 2 M7s all armed to the teeth with IBL and I have never had to buy any, in fact I cant because Yaki and Pirates hate me...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”