How can I recall my drones?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eloking
x3tc

How can I recall my drones?

Post by Eloking » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 07:56

So, basically in all my previous game I used M.A.R.S. mod which got some custom shortcut for drones. But now that I'm tried to play the game unmodified, I've not found any way to recall my drones. The only way I've found is to tell the drone to stop one by one and collect them manually.

What am I missing? That can't be the only way.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 08:07

Order them to protect a ship with an available docking bay. If there are no enemies around, they will dock. This can be done via a broadcast command.

Eloking
x3tc

Post by Eloking » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 08:27

And if I'm piloting a Vidar....?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 08:41

Eloking wrote:And if I'm piloting a Vidar....?
Jump in another ship with a docking port...

Bill Huntington
x3tc

drones

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 08:49

Eloking, you are not missing anything. That is the standard way to collect drones. One thing to do after combat is finished is to do shift -9, telling them to protect you. That will bring them close to you. Then you tell them to stop, and pick them up, one by one. If you have an open docking bay, that is a bonus.

After a few tries, I usually got all or most of them.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 14:12

Have a spare TM sat around. When you need drones collecting, jump him IS and order the drones to protect him. You head OOS for a bit till they are docked then jump the TM to you. Get your drones back and also stock up on ecells/missiles/anything else you need from his cargo.

Couple this with a CLS pilot set to keep the TM stocked with any goodies you often need more supplies of and you have a useful and (almost) automatic resupply ship :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Eloking
x3tc

Post by Eloking » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 14:45

You got to be f***ing kicking me.......

Each time I want to send my drone, I either have to pick them one-by-one, or wait for a TM to pick them up one-by-one each time I wanna change sector? Damn, resisting the *modified* tag just got way harder.......

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 15:35

Or just think of them as being expendable - just like missiles. If you needed to use them to save your backside then consider having to buy a few more afterwards being a small price to pay for your survival.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 16:12

Eloking wrote:Each time I want to send my drone, I either have to pick them one-by-one, or wait for a TM to pick them up one-by-one each time I wanna change sector? Damn, resisting the *modified* tag just got way harder.......
You think you owe vanilla X3 anything? What has it ever done for you?
Come on, kid, the first one's free! =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 16:41

Gazz wrote:
Eloking wrote:Each time I want to send my drone, I either have to pick them one-by-one, or wait for a TM to pick them up one-by-one each time I wanna change sector? Damn, resisting the *modified* tag just got way harder.......
You think you owe vanilla X3 anything? What has it ever done for you?
Come on, kid, the first one's free! =P
Lies! First one isn't free.

It's a scam!!
:D
I fly an OWP. What about you?

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 16:53

Eloking wrote:Damn, resisting the *modified* tag just got way harder.......
It's true. I wouldnt be able to play Vanilla just for the placement of certain stations. Some are in the flight path between gates, so I have made a little script that makes [THIS] move 5km down. I am thinking about doubling the X,Y,Z positions for every object in the game, just to make space a whole lot spacier. :)

For fighter drones, a small script may be to destroy them all and then re-create the same amount as a flying ware. This way at least manual collection would go much faster, and any ship with SpecialCS would be able to get them again.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 17:36

I use MARS just for the drone recovery scripts built in I CANNOT play X3TC with out it because of that :lol: :P
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Eloking
x3tc

Post by Eloking » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 17:43

stealthhammer wrote:I use MARS just for the drone recovery scripts built in I CANNOT play X3TC with out it because of that :lol: :P
Yeah...and that's without forgetting the cargo recovery of drone, of the highly efficient turret management.

It is really hard to come back to X3:TC vanilla :P

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 04:10

Yip I know, and I love MARS and The Ring Of Fire.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 06:38

damn... I can never EVER go back to vanilla. Complex cleaner alone is a strong argument for me to never go vanilla.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”