Where is the gate to Weavers Tempest?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tanner1ie
x3tc

Where is the gate to Weavers Tempest?

Post by tanner1ie » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:32

I have a map printed out that shows Weavers Tempest to be the Yaki sector south of Senator's Badlands, but it doesn't list any co-ordinates for the south gate.
I spent about half an hour flying about Senator's last night not finding a second gate.

Does anyone know the co-ordinates of the gate or know a direction and/or distance to fly from the North gate or the shipyard?

I'm assuming the shipyard is always in the same position.
There are also three or four asteroids in the sector, to the right of the shipyard (while looking south), which may or may not always be there.
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:36

Try 10.1 -14.6 -91.1
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:48

Thank's, will do.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 07:52

Yep,
Roughly SW of the Shipyard,but it's a long way out.

When you auto jump back from WT to the shipyard,the system considers the North gate to be the nearest.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 10:30

here's a couple of tips for finding gates using generic methods (very light spoilers only):
Spoiler
Show
1. Find a ship - any ship that appears to be going to, or coming from the gate you want. Either follow it or fly towards where it appears to be coming from. If it's coming towards you and you lose the trail, stop and wait for another ship to guide you. This method is particularly useful in "pea soup" conditions.

2. If you have any mission active that specifies flying to a sector and/or station, simply activate the guidance for that mission, and the sector they want you to fly to will be exposed, but not necessarily with any stations or gates revealed. Use Navigation / move to position, specifying any position within the target sector. Use this on any ship including your own. This will work even if no gates are revealed along the entire path. The autopilot knows where the gates are even if you don't and will always take the shortest route (according to them lol). As an example, fly to somewhere in the middle of Midnight Star sector, and command your ship to fly to Queens Harbour. Depending on whether you're closer to the East or West gate of Midnight Star, it will take one of two completely different routes. Could be good for auto exploring in some cases I guess, like when you're asked to turn up at Omicron Lyrae at some time in the future :)

PLX

Post by PLX » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 11:24

Also explorer command software is very good for things just like your gate search. Take a fast ship with (better) Mk 3 Scanner and explorer command software and tell it to map sector you need, entering a reasonable large radius to explore when asked.

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 17:34

I found the gate from the co-ordinates, the first reply gave me, but on the subsequent posts:-
Glenmcd, i knew both those thing's and yes particularly early on, using a mission waypoint to find a gate is very useful. On your other tip, there's very little traffic in that sector, being a Yaki sector - i'll only started seeing patrolling fighters when near the gate - but thank's anyway.
PLX, yes explorer software is useful, but i'd only use it in a safe sector. While i can go into the first two yaki sectors without everthing in the sector attacking me, they still don't like me very much.
I had a one or two groups of fighters attack me while there, if i left one of my ships there long enough, invariably having to defend itself, eventually the Akuma stationed there would surely decide to "test out it's shields" :) .

On the Yaki sectors, after finding that none of the their stations will let me dock on them and after finding out that Weaver's is a core sector, where the Shuri stationed there attacks me on sight and my not having a massive interest in doing missions for them (particularly any combat mission against friendly ships), i think i might give my M7 a work out :) .

I've haven't really tried capturing any big ships yet and the two Ryu's i saw in the sectors look like the easiest targets to start with.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 17:43

Yaki Ships...

As a trader , the Ryu and the Chokaro are very good for me.

For sorting out invasions , I like the Hoshi.

These are , for me , the best Yaki ships to possess.

So cap them or buy them , is my advice here .

Also..if you befriend the Yaki , they give you the right to park stolen retrieval mission ships and sort the Police out for you most of the time :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”