Missing solar power plant graphics.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Gers
xr

Missing solar power plant graphics.

Post by Gers » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 09:06

I didn't play x3 terran conflict for some time and now re-downloaded it through steam to get achievement for summer sale, so the installation is fresh.

I started "Terran Defender" career and found out that closest solar power plant mesh is missing:

[ external image ]

Apart from "sunny place" dlc i don't have anything installed and as i already mentioned - this is fresh installation. Any idea on why this is happening?

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 09:23

Usually happens if your computer's strained to render the game, first things to get rendered incomplete tend to be stations, after that planets. The Terran defender start is quite heavy in graphic loading as well (counts for most Terran sectors)

I advise you to either update your graphic drivers (do a manual search if needed, auto-updated doesn't always work) or turn down your graphic settings.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 12:04

It also happens now and again for some reason even on the best of rigs, especially in foggy or particulate backgrounds. I find that after a few changes of sector by the Player, the issue usually goes away. It does no harm apart from looking odd IS for a while as the station still works as normal.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gers
xr

Post by Gers » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 15:43

Starlight_Corporation wrote:Usually happens if your computer's strained to render the game, first things to get rendered incomplete tend to be stations, after that planets. The Terran defender start is quite heavy in graphic loading as well (counts for most Terran sectors)

I advise you to either update your graphic drivers (do a manual search if needed, auto-updated doesn't always work) or turn down your graphic settings.
Well i have 570 GTX and 4gb RAM. Game used to run just fine even when i had 9800GTX and on highest settings. It never was an issue really but i did figure that something might be wrong with graphics and tried switching off "glare" and other stuff - didn't help :/
Alan Phipps wrote:It also happens now and again for some reason even on the best of rigs, especially in foggy or particulate backgrounds. I find that after a few changes of sector by the Player, the issue usually goes away. It does no harm apart from looking odd IS for a while as the station still works as normal.
This is what i thought - perhaps "updating" or changing sector a bit would work... in any case, ill re-download whole thing one more time first. Thx.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”