Just captured a Khaak Fighter...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tanner1ie
x3tc

Just captured a Khaak Fighter...

Post by tanner1ie » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 18:18

As the title of the thread says, i just captured a Khaak Fighter and i'm wondering what to do with it.
It bailed during Final Fury and has only 13% hull left, no weapons and no shields. (Of course thank's to the repair laser i can fix that 13% problem, at no cost.)
I've heard of people having great difficulty arming Khaak ships - can you only get the lasers from captured Khaak ships?

Interestingly it can still be armed with both Alpha and Beta Kyon emitters, when most of the other weapons in TC are now only available in one standard version - hence Elephant's losing PPC's in their turrets, which i used to kill a troublesome Khaak Destroyer in X3R once (since PPC's outranged the Destroyer weapons just a bit, letting me win a rather dangerous game of cat and mouse :) ).

Has anybody used the Khaak Fighter, is it worth keeping, or should i throw it out the airlock?

I can just barely remember flying one for about an hour, after trying the Khaak start in Reunion, once.
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

drkpendragon

Post by drkpendragon » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 18:31

The weapons also drop as loot, but it's very rare. I would keep it for the hell of it, but it will be hard getting the weapons. It's also more of a novelty than something you'd likely use, but it's still neat.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 18:35

Kyons are pretty beasty against fighters. If you can get BetaKs, then keep it. Keep it anyway for the novelty.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 18:52

Keep it if only to RE in the PHQ. When you get further downstream you might take to raiding Kha'ak sectors. Their capitals may drop weapons when killed and the fighters that are already spread out in sector when you jump into a Kha'ak sector may bail when fired on (unlike all the later in-sector fighter spawns).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”