Boring Boron game start, glitch!?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Boring Boron game start, glitch!?

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 22:14

I decided to give this game start a go as I have never tried it before. Noticed you start with hostile rep with Split and Paranid, no problem I got my rep back up to friendly. But I've just started to recon Split and Paranid sectors and found there are lots of hostile police/Customs ships in Split and Paranid sectors and I've also got several hostile stations. :o Surely this can't be right? With nearly max rep with both races and how the hell have I got hostile stations when I've never visted the damn sectors. :evil:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 22:18

That's the way it works. 'Apologizing' to the various red Split ships should solve that problem, but you'll have to hack the stations to get them blue. Apparently, not all the station managers got the memo about your rehabilitation. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 22:22

Damn, it's going to cost me a small fortune to hack all those stations. :roll:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 22:32

You're a Boron, you're supposed to shoot Split, not fraternize with them. Shooting them gives you money. Fraternizing will cost you. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 23:43

Nanook wrote:You're a Boron, you're supposed to shoot Split, not fraternize with them. Shooting them gives you money. Fraternizing will cost you. :lol:
And there's me thinking the Boron are peace loving. :roll:

sbfast
x3tc

Post by sbfast » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 00:13

Of course they are. Boron love the peace after all the Split have been shot...
SB
"I'm a great fan of science you know"

archeryguy1701
x3tc

Post by archeryguy1701 » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 01:30

Might also be worth-while to go ctrl-C and see if they're listed as friend or foe in your command console. If they're still listed as foe, flipping them to friend might at least switch the ships to blue.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 11:38

archeryguy1701 wrote:Might also be worth-while to go ctrl-C and see if they're listed as friend or foe in your command console. If they're still listed as foe, flipping them to friend might at least switch the ships to blue.
If that was the case all their ships would be red, as well as their stations. I'm thinking that when I've past some hostile ships and I've got the threat warning the station they was heading to went to hostile as well, hence the reason I've still got hostile stations after improving rep, just a theory though. :(

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 13:30

No, it's much simpler: when you have low starting rep with a race, some that race's ships and stations will randomly be marked as being hostile to you as well. Since this setting is independent of your overall race rep, those objects will remain hostile even after you've got back into the good books of the race as a whole.

Just think of it as being you shot the station owner's brother, or something, and he won't forgive you no matter what! :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”