[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 13. May 17, 16:57

Hi guys,

I've just reinstalled X3:Terran Conflict (Steam) and installed the Rebalance mod, which sounds pretty great. Unfortunately, the ownerless ships don't seem to spawn in my games. Tried several different starts, and tried finding the ships in Menelaus' Frontier and Family Whi, and neither are there ! Is this a bug or is it intentional ? I know the locations of both ships and even checked again online. I know for sure that I'm at the right coordinates, in the right sectors, but the ships simply aren't there.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 13. May 17, 19:49

Why do you assume that there are the same ships at the same coordinates when you are playing a mod? ;)

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Thu, 25. May 17, 08:54

Hi guys,

Just wondering, is boarding harder on XRM as opposed to the vanilla game ? I used to score dozens of ships easily in vanilla but I'm having immense difficulties in XRM. Don't get me wrong, I love the mod. I just want to know if a a couple of years absence has made me rusty or if XRM boarding is actually more difficult. Thanks

thefran
x3ap

Post by thefran » Fri, 26. May 17, 20:17

I've moved on from x3tc vanilla, which runs completely fine even in massive battles, to XRM+X3AP, which lags very heavily no matter what.

I have a clean install + backgrounds + cockpit mod with lite hud. 6300FX + HD7850 + 8 GB RAM.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 26. May 17, 21:32

You will need a CPU with a strong singlecore performance to mitigate the performance drop in huge battles. The old AMD FX processors are especially bad at singlecore performance. You could try to use my combat performance patch for XRM, this will help a bit. But to have a truly more satisfying gaming experience, you will have to invest in better hardware.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 27. May 17, 11:54

Hi guys,

One of my CAGs was working just fine but now it seems stuck. I've reset all its parameters to default and nothing seems to work. It's supply/selling from a complex making Flails and Hammers, and when I give it the CAG command, it goes out, buys Cahoonas, and then just sits on Standby, although the complex is starved of Cahoonas ! It refuses to return to its home base and engage in any more buying/selling activities. The pilot is a Major Dealar, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. May 17, 14:04

gapper4 wrote:Hi guys,

One of my CAGs was working just fine but now it seems stuck. I've reset all its parameters to default and nothing seems to work. It's supply/selling from a complex making Flails and Hammers, and when I give it the CAG command, it goes out, buys Cahoonas, and then just sits on Standby, although the complex is starved of Cahoonas ! It refuses to return to its home base and engage in any more buying/selling activities. The pilot is a Major Dealar, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas ?
Are you using the newest version 3.4.08 of the CAG script? If not, please try this first.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 27. May 17, 14:39

Well, it's whatever script was included in the latest XRM download. Is there a way to download the script independently of XRM ? Sorry for the noob question but I am..... a noob :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. May 17, 17:31

XRM does not include the CAG script. If it is in your game, then you have the Bonus Pack for X3 installed. Please note that the CAG script version is quite old in the Bonus Pack - you should update the script first, perhaps your problems will then go away. :)

thefran
x3ap

Post by thefran » Sat, 27. May 17, 20:05

BlackArchon wrote:You will need a CPU with a strong singlecore performance to mitigate the performance drop in huge battles. The old AMD FX processors are especially bad at singlecore performance. You could try to use my combat performance patch for XRM, this will help a bit. But to have a truly more satisfying gaming experience, you will have to invest in better hardware.
Doesn't seem to be true, seems to be solely a problem with the backgrounds mod.

How do I correctly install the x3 map by scorp to work with XRM? I installed the map and every script to /addon/scripts, saved the log, fed it to scorp, "custom map loaded", map is completely empty.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 27. May 17, 20:08

Thank you for this advice. However, I can't find the version that you mention. The CAG Scrip version on the Egosoft forum is older and there's no download link. Would you perhaps have a link to the latest one ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. May 17, 20:29

gapper4 wrote:Thank you for this advice. However, I can't find the version that you mention. The CAG Scrip version on the Egosoft forum is older and there's no download link. Would you perhaps have a link to the latest one ?
You need two downloads: the updated command library and the CAG script itself.
Command library: https://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3 ... _V3805.zip (source: https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... &Itemid=72)
CAG script: https://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3 ... _V3408.zip (source: https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... Itemid=162)

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sun, 28. May 17, 08:17

BlackArchon wrote:
gapper4 wrote:Thank you for this advice. However, I can't find the version that you mention. The CAG Scrip version on the Egosoft forum is older and there's no download link. Would you perhaps have a link to the latest one ?
You need two downloads: the updated command library and the CAG script itself.
Command library: https://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3 ... _V3805.zip (source: https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... &Itemid=72)
CAG script: https://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3 ... _V3408.zip (source: https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... Itemid=162)
Thank you so much BlackArchon ! I installed these and everything seems to work properly. You saved my game :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 29. May 17, 14:46

Back again... IS XRM fine with recent patches?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

bloodright21
x3ap

Post by bloodright21 » Tue, 30. May 17, 21:58

i am getting errors with new x3 in A life config screen ai.gui and text numbers with my 3.1 backup no errors
anyone else getting errors

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Thu, 1. Jun 17, 08:58

BlackArchon wrote:I'm glad I could help. :)
Hi again BlackArchon,

I have spoken too soon... After a few days of flawless performance, one of my CAGs is again on permanent standby. When I reset it, this is what happens.

1. - I clear the home base and then reassign it.
2. - I send it to the home base empty, save for some energy cells.
3. - I give it the order to trade as a Commercial Agent for the station (the pilot is very senior, this is not an issue).
4. - It goes out and buys its first commodity -- in the case of the particular complex, it's Meatsteak Cahoonas -- buys it, and then just sits at the station where it made the purchase and never returns to its home base to deliver the goods.
5. - It remains on Standby, even though its home base is starving for Meatsteak Cahoonas...

In addittion.. man, I hate to sound like such a noob... a jumpdrive deployment kit that I bought to use on a captured Pirate Centaur is not "seen" by the script. It's in the cargo hold of the captured Centaur but when I activate the script is says that the JDK is not found. I installed one perfectly well a few days ago on another Pirate Centaur I had captured.

This is beyond frustrating as I've spend many, many hours on this particular game. I installed the updated scripts, as you suggested, and it seemed to have fixed the problem for a while. Now I'm back to square one. Would you have any more advice on things to try ?

Also, how about the nuclear option ? I made a backup of the original X3AP Steam folder. If I re-install XRM + MARS + the updated CAG scripts from the start, can I use the same saved games ? Could the problem with the CAGs and the JDK now be coded in these saves ? Or would they start working properly again assuming the code itself is not corrupted.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 20:20

Sorkvild wrote:Back again... IS XRM fine with recent patches?
I just looked at the files modified by the 3.2 vs XRM's files and I see no overlap in modified files; Should be ok.

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Sat, 3. Jun 17, 08:07

So is there any way to stop other ships from destroying my assassin targets? I like doing combat missions but they are all but pointless because the most profitable one is being ruined by the RRF

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”