Generic missions available in Split sector while max enemy??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

glenmcd
x3tc

Generic missions available in Split sector while max enemy??

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 06:16

I'm playing another "Unholy Traitor" start and now that I've got a well equipped ship to use for it, flying around Split sectors and killing their enemies (pirates, Yaki, Xenon, Kha'Ark). I got to Patriarch's Keep and noticed three Yaki ships that were attacking a Split convoy. So I killed the Yaki, moved onto next sector and forgot about it. But when I got back to that sector, lo and behold multiple stations had spawned missions! My Split rep at the time was around -980,000 (Enemy of all Split Families 3% or so). So I accepted a couple of missions including one for patrolling Split sectors. What a great way to get rep back! The Argon defend position mission gained me rep with both Argon and Split in one mission. It was also an Argon that asked me to patrol the sector. I found it most unusual that an Argon would request that I defend "his" factory or "his" sector in Patriarch's Keep. Later a boron did that too. Has anyone noticed this happening before?

Here's a save of it:
http://www.glenmcd.com/tc/X02.sav

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 07:08

Okay I see what's happening now. There are two Argon factories in Patriarch's Keep. So it must be the station race that determines whether generic missions are spawned and not the sector race. It certainly works well for bringing your rep back quick, most times I re-enter the sector there's another fight mission or two that brings enemies to Split sectors. Completing a very hard Paranid assasination of a pirate in a Split sector = good value :)

The first letter of the serial number of stations (and ships) shows the race so that would make it obvious once you know. It also means that when this happens, you've got a place to dock when deep in enemy space.
I checked all other Split sectors that I've revealed so far but they contained only Split stations.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 07:52

Yes, other race factories are quite common in other (foreign) sectors.

Speaking of which, yesterday I got assassination mission from pirate (I) base and pirate (yaki satyr guy, hey, he might have been yaki!) to kill another pirate. Is this possible would my pirate rep go up or down if I do mission? : )

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 15:26

@deca.death, yes. This is a problem that turns up during the Duke's Buccaneers corp missions - killing ships spawned by a mission will lower your rep with the owning race, regardless of whether the race is the same as the mission giver.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 22:27

One way to ensure this is by selective use of Station Build Missions.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 05:23

TTD wrote:
Yes I eventually did that too and that made things easier again. I had two alien stations in Patriarchs Retreat, and an Argon asked to build in Chos Defeat so it was good to have them neighbooring.

I also had to build up Paranid Rep, but didn't find a single alien station in Paranid space. I checked every Paranid station in the Universe. Also I kept checking for build missions in (alien) neighbooring sectors but found none that wanted to build in Paranid space. I know it happens, I was just unlucky in that start. I just love how you learn something every time you do a new start in this game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”