[X-Rebirth]What would you like to see inside a "Collector's Edition"?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What would you like to see inside a "Collector's Edition"?

Making Off and extras(OST,arts,etc...) DVD
8%
Big,colored and detailed 200+pgs instruction manual
15%
All previous X games in one DVD(or 2)
2%
Small scale model of a XR ship
40%
Exclusive In game Add-on(such as ships, sectors, etc.)
15%
Art Book
8%
Other(especify)
13%

Total votes: 48

N4N
x3tc

[X-Rebirth]What would you like to see inside a "Collector's Edition"?

Post by N4N » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:17

Frist of all, it has been neither confirmed or denied by Publisher if there is going to be or not a Collectors Edition, BUT it could be possible... :D
Anyway, question is simple, what would you like to see inside an X colector edition?
Pick up the item you would appreciatte most, that doesnt mean the edition will come with ONLY one extra item, actually could be some or all of them, but just vote for the one you would appreciatte most.

Vote!

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:26

All those options :wink:

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:38

amtct wrote:All those options :wink:
haha, well me too, but you have to pick up one :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:44

Egos did well with the last manual , compared to previous ones , so I expect it will be of a decent standard.

But a collectors edition X related model would suit me....

A life-sized silicon replica of Saya , anyone ?

Or of Julian , for the gals on here ?

TDKPS
x3tc

Post by TDKPS » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:48

I'll take a Saya...

If Egosoft did release a Collectors Edition, it would be nice to have all of the above, but the X related model - ship/station/etc - is the only thing I haven't seen yet - at least one that isn't made out of paper -. Therefore, my vote goes to the X Model.

-TDKPS

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:57

I'm always partial to a really nice map -- something that looks good enough that you dont mind pinning it to a wall so you can actually use it.

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:59

Yeah a nice looking map like the one Nyax made. (I think it was nyax)
A good manual like the one they made for X3TC also good choice.
A cool model of ship would be awesome but here it would collect dust so yeah... not sure. :p

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 22:57

I would like to see my capital ship not blow up to an asteroid when Im autopiloting and taking a 20 minute nap. :(

But I would not mind good ol fashioned 300 page manuals... or a sector map.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 23:43

I'd like a nice big poster of an epic XR ship.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 23:55

Small scale model of a capital ship. Each box is random, build a fleet and attack your friends! :roll:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 23:59

A map of some sort would be nice, but then I suppose that would sort of take out the whole "explore" bit of the X universe, hmm.

Wouldn't mind a nice bit of poster art I could put on a wall, If extra content gets put in a collectors edition it ends up getting patched into the main game within the year anyway, so I don't much see the point in that, and a model would really put the price up.

So yeah, I'll stick with nice artwork or something.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 00:03

A model would suit me.... manuals tend to become outdated and I dislike exclusive content - not everybody is lucky enough to obtain the collector's edition.

ponderu
x4

Post by ponderu » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 00:46

Personally I would prefer something that could be worn to show support for Egosoft and the games that they have produced, hats, pins, shirts something of that sort to help interest more people in playing the game.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 01:11

New start unique to the CE:

Indie Investor: You've paid extra money to help out small development firms, and your generosity has been rewarded.

You start with 3X normal starting money.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 02:35

I honestly was also thinking about a big coloured sector map, but I think that will spoil the exploration somehow.....
Im not sure, maybe even Rebirth doesnt come in "sectors"....

festa_freak
x3tc

Post by festa_freak » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 06:37

I would love to have it released in retail stores in Canada so I can get a physical copy. That's the only reason I haven't got the X superbox yet. No use getting nifty things when they are all in PDF or other digital formats.

I voted Art book. I really detest when there is an exclusive item or map or whatever for people who get the collectors edition. When you buy the CE you are paying for real things not digital stuff. What about a nice poster or map of the whole X universe?

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 10:36

I voted other, I would like to see:

" a proper manual and official guide on making game modifications, which step through simple and complex topics with examples and detail explanations"

or

" support for head tracking devices/API e.g. TrackIR, Freetrack, FaceTrackNoIR, Kinect" <ducks for cover :shock: >

or

"CBJ's pizza reciepe book :P "

macca44
x4

Post by macca44 » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 12:24

Some of you mention big, nice, well printed sectors map.

But how about a big, nice printed map...plus a set of tokens and other stuff for a nice board game in the X-Universe?

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 12:44

Maybe a nice little artbook with Bernds and the others signatures and an OST CD - but definitely no "unique ingame stuff".
But I'd also like to see something from the outside - like a metal DVD box with a unique design (I'm gonna buy a new high-end PC just for Rebirth so a few extra Euros don't mean money IMO).
But the best thing would be another great X game ;)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 13:55

official guide on making game modifications, which step through simple and complex topics with examples and detail explanations
Yeah I might get into doing my own , then .

@ CBJ and all at Ego...

If you read this, please consider.

I know there are s/m guides in the forum , but a manual I can have at the side of my PC while trying to learn s/m would be a great incentive to add more to the community scripts etc. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”