IDEA: laser and shield expansions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zombielordzero
x2

IDEA: laser and shield expansions

Post by Zombielordzero » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 21:05

I'm not sure if any of this is hard coded or has been done before in x3:TC,
all of this is concerning ANY ship.

extension that increases shield generator power (recharge rate)
or
cargo ware that increases shield generator power

extension that adds an additional shield

extension/cargo ware that increases laser capacity

extension/cargo ware that increases laser generator power (recharge rate)

My thoughts are this would add another layer of customization to ships, i'm a newbie to modding x3, so i'm asking of anyone has seen work on something similar to this or knows that shield and laser generator values are hard-coded.

lostone1993
x3tc

Post by lostone1993 » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 23:09

I believe it to be hardcoded, though i could be wrong

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 23:17

im fairly sure that the generator sizes are defined in tships, although, i have not extensively modified this file in the past, and so could not tell you for absolute certain.

there could be some kind of scripted workaround to this, which artificially added some shield or laser energy every xx seconds (fairly trivial to accomplish). The tricky part of this is defining the add amount and timing as to not unbalance the game

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 07:54

I have done two scripts (ware free but not free in game to buy) that affect shield and laser recharge rates CPLS and PMTS.

CPLS allows a carrier (any ship that other ships can dock to) to feed off the shields of it's docked ships and recharge it's own shields and lasers.

PMTS allows any ship to trade off laser regen versus shield regen.

Older versions of the scripts are available independently but the latest versions are included as part of my AWRM mod.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 13:42

I've done many edits to TShips including all the items you mentioned. You'll find the latest in 13.cat/types. But I'd prefer to use a script so that I don't get the bonus stuff until I earn it. TShips edits are easy. For now I just keep multiple variants of 13.cat and rename as necessary. Not much challenge in doing an Unholy Traitor start if your ship is highly overtuned :) One aspect that I've taken to in a big way is using much large cargobays. At moment I've got a few set to 500,000,000 with XL compatibility on an M3, HV and Mammoth.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”