Spitfyres won't dock on my Griffon IS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ninja_zombie_jesus
x4

Spitfyres won't dock on my Griffon IS

Post by ninja_zombie_jesus » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 10:07

I figured this would be a common issue, as the AI is notorioius for its douchebaggery, but couldn't manage to find the relevant info through a search or extra search. Meh, maybe my internet skillz need polishing.

Anyway, first a bit of info.

x3tc with bonus pack installed.

MARS, CODEA, and ADS installed.

So here's the problem. When I'm flying my Griffon and I send my fighters, then try to get them to dock I run into problems that seem like they must be related to collision detection issues but I'm not so sure.

Basically they all line up to dock, but instead of actually docking they just keep flying through then circle back around. Rinse and repeat until they all explode, as sometimes on these flybys they run into my ship and bounce around until they're spacedust. I've used ADS to launch them and ADS to get them to dock. I've used standard vanilla menu to launch and to dock, all with the same result.

OOS there are no issues.

I'm also wondering if it could be a conflict with scripts and the game or something similar. It almost seems like they have a set of conflicting orders stuck in a loop. Has anyone encountered this?

Weirdest part about it is when I first got my Griffon and purchased my ships, they all docked fine without issues while I was the pilot. It just started happening at a random point that I can't quite remember.

Thanks for the help!

-n

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Spitfyres won't dock on my Griffon IS

Post by deca.death » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 11:26

ninja_zombie_jesus wrote: MARS, CODEA, and ADS installed.
You should search for problem here somewhere. I have griffon and have no problems in launching or docking (8 deca.cefas + 1 mamba vanguard), I would even say that operation runs smoothly when compared to other ships. Launching especially.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 11:43

No problems here either with the Griffon & Spitfire docking with it. Do make sure the scripts you use are up to date. The griffon got changed when they implemented it as OFF reward. The Griffon used to be a different ship in the shipfiles prior (albeit didn't exist ingame).

Heliore
x3tc

Post by Heliore » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 17:41

Is CODEA running properly and are the spitfires fitted correctly. Even IS they should be teleported on and off the carrier ship.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 21:55

Else I sometimes use Cycrow's Cheat package and use the "Dock at..." command,just below the "Warp to sector" command,iirc.

That certainly helps in places like Aldrin, where those rocks play havoc with any ship trying to dock whilst IS.

ninja_zombie_jesus
x4

Post by ninja_zombie_jesus » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 07:08

Thanks for the responses people.

I actually uninstalled CODEA (the proper way) because I hardly ever use it. My military fleet isn't huge and until I can get the bugs worked out ADS and MARS suit me just fine.

Same results, however. Ships fly through the docks in infinite loops. On some of those loops I even get a messa;ge update that the ship has completed its task, but it just keeps going around.

Perhaps I should post this in tech support? Ahh maybe tomorrow I'll take a screen capture to show exactly what I mean.

Any help or hints or clues would greatly help, because I really like the Griffon only I can't really use it if its ship can't dock properly. Seems a shame for such a cool ship just to be thrown into the hands of the AI.

-n

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 08:27

best bet is to try the s/m forum for the mods/scripts you are running.

Don't think it is tech problem as I only know of one other player who had a similar problem when beta testing.

If you are a Level 3 beta tester, you could look up his report thread.

Sorry,but I have not the time to look it up for you.

ninja_zombie_jesus
x4

Post by ninja_zombie_jesus » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 08:39

That is an excellent idea TTD I will defo do that.

-n

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”