Tormented Teladi vs KM2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What are my chances?

Impossible.
15%
Less than a spacefly at a Split bachelor party
55%
50/50
5%
Difficult but doable.
5%
Pfff, you could do it blindfold in a Harrier Hauler
20%

Total votes: 20

devilsad
x3tc

Tormented Teladi vs KM2

Post by devilsad » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 16:19

I recently finished up the Tormented Teladi starting mission and got my overtuned ship back from the Profit Guild. Since I started way over in Tears of Greed I decided to travel West back to the main teladi sectors to get some more ships, the best buy/sell extensions, and make profitssss.
As I was passing through Wastelands, I spotted a Khaak Destroyer and friends tearing up the place. I docked in the nearest station and watched, waiting for some valuable salvage. An Argon attack group cleaned up the Khaak fighters and scouts but then got wasted by the destroyer, which was at the same time busting up the Trading Station. It's an impressive sight to watch those lasers beaming everything to death.

What do you think my chances are of being able to destroy this giant purple pineapple and save the Argon's butts? I have my TT reward ship which does.. 168km/s. I have 4 HEPT, 2 PRG and 2 EBC with hardly any ammo. 125MJ shields. No missiles. ~8 hours game time so no other combat ships worth talking about. Just me and my ship and hot lasery death :-P

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:03

You might have a slim chance if you can fly toward it while keeping the Trading Station between you and the KM2. Then fly through the ring of the Trading Station and make a dash for the KM2's backside. Once 'safely' ensconced in the depression, you're in for a long 'bull ride' trying to get those shields down with your relatively puny, and energy hogging, lasers. So I voted the second option. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:10

You may have a better chance (I'd say 50/50) if you fly to Merchant Haven and buy 2-4 more EBC and some ammos. Forget the HEPT, you don't have enough juice to keep firing it.
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:10

del double posts
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:11

Well if you had a Nova Raider and lot of luck you may just pull it off. But as you have a rather slow Kea you are really going to have to move it to avoid those Kyon beams. Well if you can get yourself snug in that M2s butt hole you may have a chance. :lol:

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 20:21

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Well if you had a Nova Raider and lot of luck you may just pull it off. But as you have a rather slow Kea you are really going to have to move it to avoid those Kyon beams. Well if you can get yourself snug in that M2s butt hole you may have a chance. :lol:
He has the enhanced Kea, not a bad ship in itself.

devilsad
x3tc

Difficult but doable

Post by devilsad » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 16:37

Well I can finally say that 'I did it!' 8)

It took a couple of attempts (ehehe, trying to "dock" inside an enemy ship from full speed with 15% shields left is difficult) but I made it inside that circular depression without hitting the sides and without losing all my shields. It switched lasers on me as I got close, probably to try to aim faster. Once I was inside I had to adjust speed and direction to keep away from the sides, it changed from 11m/s to 44m/s and back again for several minutes. It also somehow managed to launch missiles at me which looped around and hit me from behind, spinning the ship around - almost lost it once or twice until it ran out of missiles. After that it was just attrition, switching from HEPTs to PRGs to let the laser banks recharge without letting its shields have a chance to recover. It took probably 30 minutes of continuous firing to start damaging the hull, and another 5 to drop the hull down to nothing and boom - Wastelands was safe once more.

What generosity and thanks did the Argon show me after single-handedly defending their sector? Zip, nada, nothing. I salvaged a couple of drifting Beluga missiles from the wreck of their defence fleet, the rest was mostly E-cells. I think I'll stick to missions with a definite payoff in future and leave the charity work to the Goners. :roll:

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 16:42

:lol: You should have got an Argon police license first - then you'd have been given the generous reward of...
Spoiler
Show
10, 000 credits. :D
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”