kha'ak in TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Turiko

kha'ak in TC

Post by Turiko » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 22:57

In reunion, i remember the kha'ak randomly invading sectors, whiping everything out if the local force wasn't strong enough. These supposedly stopped once you finished the main plot (never went that far), but how is it in TC? So far i've only seen the odd kha'ak cluster here and there, with their bigger ships never leaving kha'ak space.

Are these invasions only triggered past a certain rank (i'm only master chief) or do the clusters get swapped out with capital ships at some point? I kind of miss the point of having an enormously powerful, menacing enemy that's not even sending enough forces to combat the local pirates :P.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 22:59

Same thing in TC. There's a certain plot that stops MAJOR Kha'ak penetrating a sector and leaving a mess.

Only thing left will be M3s and below.

Also I was the rank above the first rank you start out in and I ran across two destroyers and I think a carrier in Circle of Labour. Not fun.

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 23:06

Odd, i should have found an invasion force by now. What plot stops the kha'ak from invading heavily - final fury?

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 23:11

Yup.

And it's not constant invasions. I've only seen in thrice before I beat the plot.

Once I was in sector, two times I was searching the sector map for something.

This was in my second game. My first game (which I played for about 5 hours until I found out cockpits make your game modified) I didnt see them invade at all. Not even a scout.

PLX

Post by PLX » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 00:33

Last time I've seen such an invasion in Legend Home. And local Boreas quickly wiped out both destroyer and carrier, showing that only business bad guys have in OTAS sector is death :twisted: . It was IS, but if combat result is the same OOS, I could even not notice this invasion, if I don't look at Legend Home for a while.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 00:40

You get a couple of randomly placed invasions early in the game, and most are wiped out by local defense forces before you ever see them. So it's no wonder they're hard to find. They also randomly, and very infrequently, respawn throughout the game. And despite the claim that they completely stop after Final Fury is complete, I've seen them later on, too. However, unless you have extensive satellite coverage of the entire universe, or one of your assets encounters them, you'll never know they existed. Supposedly, they can even spawn in Xenon sectors, with predictable results. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 01:13

I'd love to see a battle between xenon and kha'ak :D. I'm aiming for a universe-wide full sattelite network, so i'll keep my eyes peeled :). Must be lots of market opportunity if the kha'ak decide to wipe out half a system 8)

PLX

Post by PLX » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 01:47

Satellite network in Xenon sectors are a bit harder to maintain :wink: . But when you fly around xenon sectors, you could sometime note thin lines in space appear, like * of very thin lines, flashy. That's Kha'ak guys attack some Xenon fighter wandering around sector. And lines are from Kyon emitters. Fly there, see that more close and enjoy!

berth
x4

Re: kha'ak in TC

Post by berth » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 02:03

Turiko wrote:In reunion, i remember the kha'ak randomly invading sectors, whiping everything out if the local force wasn't strong enough. These supposedly stopped once you finished the main plot (never went that far)...
For info: They carry on after the plot. I encountered an invasion force in Akeela's Beacon at around game day 40, iirc. The plot was a dim memory by then. :)

I haven't encountered any non-plot ones in TC so far.

Xenon-Fan
x4

Post by Xenon-Fan » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 12:37

I recently started a new game. After several game hours i randomly accepted a sector patrol mission. Confident in my m3 and my fighting skills i didn't think about anything bad as suddenly multiple khaak destroyers etc. just jumped into the sector. Guess what? i failed the mission.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 12:43

i did final fury ages ago and i still get the random "KHAAK cluster" here and there...especially in presidents end
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 14:20

The only "invasions" I see are Kha'ak Clusters.

Which, if they break, look like an "invasion".

But after OFF, you wont see Kha'ak Destroyers or Carriers assisting them.

Hell, I never see those Corvettes that always try to ram me anymore...

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 14:26

Xenon-Fan wrote:I recently started a new game. After several game hours i randomly accepted a sector patrol mission. Confident in my m3 and my fighting skills i didn't think about anything bad as suddenly multiple khaak destroyers etc. just jumped into the sector. Guess what? i failed the mission.
Well yeah,but that's the mission, not quite random ^^.

Seems like i'll have to mod to get this extra touch of combat. :P

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 18:38

Improved races has some seriously dangerous khaak :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”