niv mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

levvol
x2

niv mining

Post by levvol » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 19:38

trying to mine niv in kingdom end blown up the asteroid but niv does not show in list of minerals to mine. there is ore silicon and ice? whats wrong

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 19:45

Nothing is wrong, that is how vanilla works because automated Niv mining is considered an exploit that imbalances the game!

First break up one or two (only) of the big rocks from the broken asteroid down into pieces that can be collected by a ship with an ore collector. Now send your mining ship close to the broken Niv asteroid and then tell it to 'Collect rocks'. Get out of sector (to avoid collisions and avoidance measures) but check back every so often to see when your miner is filled right up. There are several clever things you can do to semi-automate the mining, storing and sales process but I will leave you to find and read the many TC mobile-mining guide threads. Here is a free starter: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=259064
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

levvol
x2

Post by levvol » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 20:11

cheers fella

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 11:46

Does anyone have coordinates for nividium roids in KE?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 12:58

This mentions the approx location towards the end - Ore Belt is just as good too: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=280904

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 13:41

Cheers Alan
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 15:11

Lots if niv out there if you know where to look, KE is only small amount.
Try for a bigger operation for bigger returns if you want to go down that route, just remember to stay OOS to where they are working.....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 15:30

To be honest, the size and number of outcrops hardly matters since if you do the collecting OOS, all ships can collect at the same time from the same outcrop and the outcrop(s) respawn in place as soon as they are fully collected. You actually risk far more problems with a bigger set of broken down outcrops as unwanted and unproductive reamalgamations can happen if you ever go back IS with any broken outcrop(s) not having a (now evading) collector of yours close by.

daviddowner
x3

Post by daviddowner » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 16:22

I'll second that. In one of my savegames, I only have 2 rocks broken down in KE and I usually send in 30 haulers at a time and haven't experience any problems. I may try 50 the next go around :)

sndle9
x4

Post by sndle9 » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 20:27

Currently I have 120 ships auto-mining the two Nividium clusters in KE with a few mammoths ferrying it to the shipyard to sell in cheap dolphins.
They each seem to collect it just as fast as 20 did so it does scale up well and 50 won't be a problem.

Warning: This much easy money can often spoil the game as it removes the challenge. I did it for the necessary capital to try and complete the Hub plut in under 5 game days which I think I'll just about manage and is mainly an exersise in logistics now.

Now I've built the megaplexes I wanted, 440 chip plants over several self sustaining complexes, they make money faster than I can spend it so they are all sitting there fully loaded and idle right now with around 30 billion in the various complex vaults.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 22:54

sndle9 wrote: Warning: This much easy money can often spoil the game as it removes the challenge. I did it for the necessary capital to try and complete the Hub plut in under 5 game days which I think I'll just about manage and is mainly an exersise in logistics now.
This.

I told myself I wouldn't do any niv mining, then I got right to the end of ANH and didn't have the funds. Seeing as the base was deep in pirate territory, and even though I put some hardcore gate defences inside, I got paranoid that pirates would come and blow the base up and ruin the plot, so I mined just to pay that off. Haven't mined since :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”