X3TC: Jonferco M148 station defence mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

X3TC: Jonferco M148 station defence mission

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 22:40

Was it just bad luck on my part, or does everyone have to do this? I got called back by the Jonferco HQ in Belt of Aguilar several times, and on the third mission, they asked me to defend the medium shield fac in M148 from attack. So I jumped in and was immediately told to get out. I was under attack as I headed to what I was supposed to be defending, and I'm not sure if I was fighting the fac's attackers or the Argon military, or if they were one and the same, but at some point, I got a message saying the factory was safe, and my Argon rep had slipped over a level.

Even assuming it was pure chance that I got that sector, it's probably unavoidable by reloading now, because I got the request several saves back and it may therefore be set in stone. I'm not that bothered. I can recover my Argon rep, and at least I can move forward with Jonferco missions now...
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

laff
x3tc

Post by laff » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 23:14

M148 is off limits until you start one of the plot lines, so I guess you were just unfortunate (or not*) with the sector/station chosen as the target of the mission.

* There should be enough Military firepower in M148 to wipe out whatever attacking force was generated by the mission, so there is a good chance the mission will autocomplete without you having to lift a (trigger) finger.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 23:42

I wondered if simply staying out of the system might be worth trying. I shall give it a go, before moving on...
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 01:15

I get that mission from Jonferco sometimes too. I'm pretty sure it's a Defend station + hold position mission, which makes it a bit different from other station defense missions, in that you can't do it from OOS. It should say on the briefing if that's the case -- I forget.

You can do the first mission of OFF to gain sector access, or I usually just jump in then swing right around the back of the gate and sorta hide there until the locals deal with the problem. You get a little harassment from M5's that way, but the bigger ships in the sector will tend to deal with the pirates before turning their attention to you.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 02:25

I could just stay in my first Springblossom, Phobos, which conveniently, I was flying when I docked (the previous mission was a 'Follow ship'), instead of switching to the Vidar, and strafe out of even the M5s' range, then jump out...

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 08:16

It's so much simpler just to do the first OFF mission. Start in OL, kill a bunch of Xenon in BHS, then access to M148 is given for all but one station.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 13:26

Worked a treat. I jumped back to the North gate just as the M5s were catching up, and as I flew out the gate got the message, 'Mission Completed'.

The best part of it was not having to go and buy a new Argon licence, because I sometimes forget.

OFF start was pretty straight forward in a Springy, too, as well as the second mish. I'm not expecting problems with the third, if I don't go back to Jonferco, or try out that Goner TL mission I passed on a while back...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”